Director of Communications
4 days left
- Job Role
- Head of Communications
Director of Communications
Birmingham, West Midlands (currently home based)
About Our Client
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. They work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how they can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Our client is looking for a Director of Communications to provide strategic leadership to the teams that provide communications, media relations, public affairs and stakeholder engagement support to their organisation.
- Salary of c£85,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining our client means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then our client will help you do that.
As the Director of Communications, you will ensure that we provide incisive, clear, creative and effective communications.
In this important role, you will oversee our Communications and Public Affairs teams and take responsibility for communications from the Chief Executive’s office. You will provide advice and counsel to the Chief Executive, Leadership Team, Chair and the Board in all aspects of communications and engagement.
Your role will involve:
- Leading the development and delivery of communications and engagement strategies which support our corporate aims
- Creating the infrastructure needed for our client to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Recruiting, developing and coaching colleagues
- Fostering a culture of openness, accountability and collaboration
To join our client as a Director of Communications, you will need:
- To be an established communications professional with experience of leading communications teams in fast-paced and high-profile environments
- Experience of advising, engaging and negotiating with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Service delivery experience, ideally gained in a regulated or wider public sector environment
- Experience of managing and deploying resources, including budgets
- The ability to secure the confidence of senior stakeholders, both internal and external
Other organisations may call this role Head of Communications, Communications Director, Director of PR, Director of Public Affairs, or Head of Communications and Public Affairs.
The closing date for this role is the 16th February 2021. Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
Our client reserves the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as Director of Communications, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.