Senior Communications Officer
5 days left
- Job Role
- Communications Executive
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 pro rata
Contract type: 6 - 9 month Fixed Term Contract
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Local Government
Your new role
You will be a key member of the councils communications team, and work predominately on the public health agenda, particularly around Covid-19. In order to hit the ground running, a background in public health communications would be desirable, although not essential. You will need to be experienced and confident in handling media enquiries within the public health remit and other areas within the team. This role requires a tactical understanding of marketing and PR (online and offline), someone who has the ability and confidence to advise at the highest levels and a comprehensive understanding of the political landscape.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in the public sector in a communications position
- Experience of managing media in a crisis or in difficult circumstances
- An understanding of behavioural change campaigns, media relations and digital communications
- Experience and skills in advising senior officers and elected Members on sensitive issues
- Skills to create and deliver engaging online content, such as images, gifs, video, infographics
- Extensive experience of using data, metrics and analytics across all channels including digital and social media to inform communications plans and campaigns
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience of leading project teams
- Public health experience - Desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on the details below.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly