Strategic Comms Events Manager
Strategic Communications Events Manager - oil & gas - 1 year mat cover
Your new company
This is one of the largest oil and gas firm in the United Kingdom. They are looking to hire a Strategic Communications Events Manager, who is an experience communicator and external affairs practitioner to work with the organisations strategic engagement and sponsorship team.
Your new role
- This role would suit someone with a breadth of business communications experience, as well as experience in investor relations.
- Build the reputation of the organisations CEO and the leaders of a company that is performing while transforming.
- Serve as the primary partner for external events for assigned member(s).
- Develop and track pipeline of engagements, research and cultivate new opportunities (incoming requests and proactive outlook)
- Work with entity communications managers, regional communications tags, and event tag to coordinate presence at external events, including event content, strategy, execution, and performance.
- Serve as a partner to internal teams in the development of written materials including briefing materials and messaging, social media content, talking points and speeches.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media and events contacts - internal and external.
- Work with appropriate teams to continually monitor the external environment for macro issues (political, economic, societal, technical, educational, environmental, legal), along with assessing our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with external events.
- Work with the appropriate internal and external communications teams to maximise value of participation at external events through promotion of key messages post event.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strategic thinking - the ability to take complex topics and consider the business and external environment before putting together a recommendation;
- Experience of being a trusted senior advisor within business or organisation;
- Leadership and influencing skills to bring together diverse comms professionals to deliver against one agenda;
- Corporate Communications experience such as media relations, social media management, stakeholder relations, executive communications, event management and managing third party partnerships;
- Proven track record of designing, developing, delivering and continuously improving integrated event plans;
- Experienced in managing strategic events at an executive level - linking with campaign messages and themes to positively influence stakeholder perceptions and opinions;
- Highly organised and an eye for details to ensure that projects are planned and delivered on time;
- A pioneer - willing to champion new thinking and new creative routes within communications;
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a day rate of up to £340 a day. There is an excellent opportunity to grow your own skills and developing a rewarding career in this organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.