An exciting Communications contract for a Government organisation in Bristol.
Your new company
A forward thinking Government organisation in Bristol.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions and additional workload, my client requires short term support to the team across a range of corporate communication activities, through predominately internal comms. This is support to the whole team on our regular communication responsibilities rather than dedicated to a specific project.
Your new role
- Writing and editing news stories and blogs for the intranet
- Updating the intranet guides and information pages (e.g. CV-19 information area; Virtual Events guidance; team information pages; specific intranet guides)
- Supporting with running and producing the written summary and Q&A of the fortnightly virtual all staff briefings (for publication on the intranet)
- Drafting straightforward communication plans with colleagues in teams from across the business and supporting them with communication related queries and requests (multiple/varied)
- Supporting Internal Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Officer with delivery of an update to our internal staff well-being campaign #BeKind
- Supporting creating communication materials to promote and run our virtual staff conference in March.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years experience in corporate communication and/or internal communication roles
- Experience of working in a Public sector (ideally Government) organisation
- Experience of researching, drafting and editing news and feature stories for an internal communications audience
- High standard of oral and written communication. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, sensitively and with respect for others
- Ability to review sources of information and insight (including audience usage, preference, need) and make decisions e.g. selection of internal communications channels
- Experience of using WordPress
- Experience of designing and developing engaging and targeted content and messages suitable for different audiences and use across different channels
- Experience of developing outline communication plans, identifying the most effective channels and tools to engage the target audience and maximise reach
- Experience of stakeholder management
What you'll get in return
- You will gain experience of working an exciting role for a well known Public sector organisations whilst earning a competitive day rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.