About the Fund
The Fund for Global Human Rights is a leading supporter of on-the-ground human rights groups around the world. Dedicated to finding and funding the most effective human rights organizations in regions from Latin America to Africa to Southeast Asia, the Fund for Global Human Rights offers grants and facilitates technical support to ensure the long-term effectiveness and viability of front-line groups working in challenging conditions with scant resources.
Based in London, the Fund’s European Office leads its work in Europe and seeks to raise the profile of the organization and its grantees in front of key audiences across the continent. The Office is expanding with a dynamic staff of ten working across a range of departments – communications, development, program, and operations.
As an employer, we are deeply committed to the overall well-being of our staff. We offer generous benefits and flexible working options designed to meet the diverse needs of our globally based team members. For more information, please visit www.globalhumanrights.org
About the Role
The Technical Marketing Officer is a new role designed to support the Marketing and Communications team with the technical expertise needed to execute effective email marketing campaigns and grow the Fund’s email subscriber list in order to attract online donors interested in supporting grassroots activism across the globe.
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Director (based in London)
Essential Functions and Specific Responsibilities
- Code, design, and format unique donate pages, pop-ups, and email and newsletter templates on Engaging Networks using HTML
- Create, segmented email lists, and manage and update the Fund’s CRM database to ensure data hygiene
- Synchronize data flows between Engaging Networks and Salesforce
- Track analytics related to low-level donor conversion and email subscribers using Engaging Networks and Google Analytics
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to design and deliver Facebook ads
- Implement the technical roll out of email marketing campaigns to different donor segments
- Manage the PayPal account and the back end of online giving pages Collaborate with the IT team to ensure the security of our CRM and to troubleshoot related technical issues with the CRM and website
- Assist the Digital Communications Officer with the creation of different brand and campaign content using photoshop and InDesign
Minimum Qualifications | What You will Need to Be Successful
- Experience using Engaging Networks or equivalent email marketing systems (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Sales Force Marketing Could, Blackboard etc)
- Demonstrable experience using WordPress CMS and basic HTML coding and web design
- Experience with collecting and analyzing digital marketing data (Cost-per-result, click-through rates, engagement rates, conversion rates) across a number of digital platforms
- Understanding of GDPR (preferred to also have basic understanding of CCPA compliance and regulations)
- Experience running digital marketing campaigns via social media, email and/or web
- Knowledge of online privacy and digital security best practices
- Understanding of marketing strategies and market research techniques and practices.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn content requirements and Facebook advertising
Privacy Notice for Candidates
We will use any personal data you provide for recruitment purposes only. More information on how we will use and store your data can be found in our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The Fund for Global Human Rights UK encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply; we especially encourage people of colour, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTIQ applicants.As a human rights organization, cultural competency and sensitivity are requirements for all staff positions at the Fund. The Fund for Global Human Rights UK is an equal opportunity employer.