Marketing and Communications Executive
Please Note - Only direct applications are being considered for this role. Recruitment agencies need not apply.
With 300 staff and lawyers working across our four offices nationwide, Hempsons is a leading law firm for the health and social care, life sciences, charity and social enterprise sectors. We help clients overcome a constantly evolving list of challenges. Examples of ground breaking projects we are working on with clients are:
- enabling new technology providers to establish products in the health market;
- advising on the development of new care models for the NHS;
- helping GPs to expand primary care provision by setting up GP federations and super-practices;
- supporting companies developing novel cell therapies and gene therapies;
- helping charities and social enterprises to initiate new organisational structures and ways of working.
Our aim is to provide outstanding legal services that deliver the best possible client outcomes whilst nurturing a culture that makes us a “great place to work”.
Hempsons’ 6-strong Client Services team is led by Head of Client Services Graeme Trigg, with 2 BD Managers, 2 BD Co-ordinators and a Bids Manager. The team works alongside partners and fee earners to develop new and existing business across all of our key market sectors. The Marketing and Communications Executive position would be based in London but working particularly closely with the BD Managers based in Harrogate and Manchester to develop and implement our sector teams’ marketing and BD strategy.
- To work with the Head of Client Services and Business Development Managers to advise sector groups in setting and developing marketing strategy
- To co-ordinate appropriate online and offline marketing campaigns and collateral to support sector marketing activities
- To evaluate and report on the success of marketing campaigns against agreed objectives in order to and improve Hempsons’ online and offline marketing effectiveness
More specifically, duties will include the following:
- Work with the Head of Client Services, Business Development Managers and sector partners to produce marketing strategy
- With the Business Development Managers, develop, drive, project-manage and evaluate, marketing campaigns
- Produce effective online and offline targeted marketing
- Liaise with partners and Business Development Managers to maximise the firm’s coverage in health sector and other press
- Develop key marketing messages
- Ensure the corporate identity and brand profile is consistent throughout all marketing collateral, communications and events
- Work with Business Development Managers and partners to set and manage sector marketing budgets
- Liaise with partners and others to produce copy for publications, including newsletters, online material etc
- Ensure the Hempsons website content, and the content for other online marketing, is appropriate and effective
- Liaising with the Head of Client Services, BD Managers, partners and others, develop and drive Hempsons’ social media and other digital marketing such as podcasts and video content
- Evaluate and report on the success of marketing campaigns against agreed objectives in order to and improve Hempsons’ online and offline marketing effectiveness
- Other responsibilities as required
And such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Emergencies and fluctuations in workload may result in the necessity to work additional hours, sometimes at short notice. Staff members will be required to comply with any such reasonable request and to work, within reason, whatever hours may be necessary to fulfil their duties.
Please note this job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the department and/or the firm. The job description will be reviewed periodically.
The firm has adopted an equality and diversity policy and all employees must be aware of their obligations to abide by the spirit and nature of the policy