Business intelligence Director - Top Data Marketing Agency
Business intelligence Director
** Top Data Marketing Agency **
LOCATION - Central London
SALARY - £80k - £95k plus excellent benefits
Investment in training, personal development and a wide variety of cutting-edge data science projects to be part of – perhaps a little different to churning out reports for stakeholders who lack interest, engagement and appetite for anything innovative or new?
A familiar story methinks for a lot of data visualisation and reporting experts out there….but change is a foot, and one of our most successful data agency clients has built out a specialist team which is collaborative, involved and an integral part of bringing customer insights to life for clients who take data VERY seriously!
We are on the hunt for a hands on BI Director who enjoys bringing data insights to life through visually impressive, engaging and innovative dashboard design.
Following the rapid growth of their Marketing Sciences team (a combination of new business and expansion within existing clients), you will manage a team of reporting and data visualisation experts, delivering BI projects for a variety of clients, globally. You will also strategically support the growth of the reporting offering for the agency, working closely with the Head of Department.
Technically you should have strong skills using Tableau OR Power BI (as they use both tools), as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment, often interacting with multiple client stakeholders – so strong communication skills are key in order to gather requirements, scoping out solutions and overseeing delivery all the way to the final wireframe build.
- Leading a small team in devising, building, designing, implementing and maintaining reporting dashboards
- Overseeing the build, update and automation of data flows
- Scoping out the requirements and project managing an end-to-end solution
- Provide documentation and training guides
- Ability to interpret the data and bug fixing
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject
- Experience in bringing data and insights to life, through building beautiful dashboards and designing stunning data visualisation solutions
- Experience of working with both customer and marketing data (including digital) in very large volumes (millions of rows)
- Strong experience of Tableau OR Power BI for reporting, dashboarding and visualisation purposes
- Scoping out reporting requirements, from initial brief to final wireframe build
- Experience of managing teams of people
- SQL programming skills; understanding of SQL queries and database joins
- Understanding of ETL process
- Ideally Java programming skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve numerical and technical problems
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills, written, verbal, etc.
For further information or to apply please contact:
Kate McDermott - Managing Consultant @ Blue Pelican Marketing
Share through your CV to email@example.com
Text me on 07803 503780
Share through your LI profile if you’re non-active and simply curious
You don’t have to have a CV to find a new job! We’re always keen to talk to good data experts.
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com