7 days left
- Job Role
Could your creative copywriting skills help our client save more lives at sea?
Our client’s in-house Creative Services team tackles all sorts of conceptual briefs for campaigns that raise crucial funds and awareness. As the charity approaches their 200th birthday, they need another experienced writer to help create the concepts and copy that will secure crucial support and prevent tragedies.
Some of the benefits
- Salary of £30,978 - £36,455 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
Based at our client’s Support Centre in Poole, Dorset, you’ll be part of a sector-leading creative team that has delivered the majority of the charity’s key campaigns in the past 2 years.
As a Creative Copywriter, you will focus on the following areas:
- Create impactful concepts and copy for key campaigns across multiple channels and formats including direct mail, email marketing, direct response TV, digital and social media
- Present ideas to senior stakeholders with confidence and credibility
- Work in partnership with the Design Team to develop sector-leading campaigns
- Work with the Videography and Design Teams to source, produce, select and commission images and film
- Work with the Account Management Team to ensure creative work follows briefs and schedules
- Interview beneficiaries, lifesavers, volunteers and supporters in a way that maintains strong relationships and provides vital content
You’ll have worked for (or with) agencies in your career, delivering successful campaign concepts with other senior creatives. Already a mid/heavyweight copywriter, you’ll need to be comfortable presenting ideas to key clients and stakeholders.
Your portfolio will show a breadth of work that includes fundraising direct mail, marketing emails, social media advertising and ideally video/DRTV scripts. Working in creative partnerships to quickly come up with on-brief ideas will come naturally to you – as will producing copy that works for each channel, audience and proposition.
Our client is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, with equal opportunities for everyone.
So, if you want to use your creativity and writing skills to help save lives and think this is the role for you, please apply via the button shown.
Our client is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. They expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
Our client’s staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. They respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within their teams, and consider it essential to help them deliver a world-class lifesaving service. They are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, our client also looks for applicants who share their commitment to living their values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping them work towards their goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024. This involves a growing commitment to preventative action, using their expertise to work in partnership with communities locally, nationally and internationally to prevent drowning.
The closing date for applications is the 24th January 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Copywriter, Midweight Copywriter, Senior Copywriter, Writer, or Content Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.