Insight & Reporting Analyst - Product (Leading eCommerce Fashion Brand )
5 days left
- Job Role
- Data Analyst
Insight & Reporting Analyst - Product
** Leading eCommerce Fashion Brand **
- Join this small yet influential team as part of major growth phase
- Exceptional leadrship in your Director, heralding from management consultancy and major retail brands
- Chance to grow your own personal technical skills and abilities as they enter into the modern world of data science
SALARY - £25k - £35k & benefits
LOCATION - Remote then Central Manchester (5-10 mins walk from both major train stations)
With investment from the top into data and all its uses, this is an exciting time to be joining the company and they look to understand and explore their customer’s behaviours and relationships with the brand in more detail than ever before. As always, there is the challenge of educating and liberating existing stakeholders across many different functions within this fashion giant as to the possibilities of data driven decision making and actionable insights – which is where this role comes in.
Working as part of a team of data experts across customer analytics, product, marketing, finance and customer service, you will focus on delivering reports, self service analytics and insights around product performance for the group. You will report into the Product Analytics Manager and will both work to build relationships with key stakeholders in buying, merchandising and finance to understand their needs, challenges and potential for using data to improve decision making around demand forecasting, customer engagement and in turn commercial product performance. In this role, we’ll need people with natural intellectual curiosity to go beyond the basics of just building out regular reports, and expect you to provide proactive insights and commentary on the data analysed.
This role still requires hands on SQL programming skills, plus knowledge and demonstrable experience with a reporting tool such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview (the latter being the tool they currently use inhouse). There is huge opportunity for personal and technical growth and development within this role, as the business accelerates it’s data function into the modern age, embracing AI and machine learning techniques where appropriate as well as step changing the influence data has on decisioning across the group of brands. They have already invested in a cloud based platform (GCP) and are very open to using open source tech such as R and Python for more advanced analytical solutions and projects.
The culture is fast paced, young and agile, and with double digit growth YOY, this company continues to lead the way in fast fashion. But with the inevitable slowing of such growth on the horizon, there is an agenda to make the brand unique and distinctive, by tapping into the data and through the use of analytics and data science.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to at degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
- At least intermediate coding skills using SQL for data analysis, manipulation and extraction
- Proven experience using a reporting and data visualisation tool such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview for building engaging and interactive dashboards
- Exposure to big data sets (millions) and ideally some experience of working in a cloud based environment; Azure, AS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong communication and relationship building skills – you will be business facing and working to develop relationships in multiple departments
- A curious nature, and inquisitive nature with the ability to spot commercial opportunity to use data to improve business or product performance