Marketing & Community Manager - China
About the Job
Do you want to work at one of the FTSE 250's fastest growing companies? Are you excited about recruiting and engaging with customers in one of the biggest opportunity markets for Games Workshop? Can you both push the Warhammer brand in and be a passionate evangelist of the Chinese market?
As Marketing & Community Manager for China, you will lead the creation, delivery, implementation & continuation of the marketing strategy & planning for the Chinese market. As such, you are expected to work with internal stakeholders within our UK HQ & China, as well as with external agencies, vendors & partners. You will be 'the face' of Games Workshop and Warhammer within the Chinese marketplace, as well as making sure that 'China' is accurately represented within the company.
You will work within the heart of the Digital & Community team, as part of the central team, who are responsible for marketing sales support, promotions & campaigns, social media, and new growth areas. Although you will be reporting to the Group Marketing Manager, you are also expected to (pro-actively) liaise with other parts of the Digital & Community team (Content, CRM, eCommerce, Events, Technology etc.), as well as the wider business (Product, Retail, Trade etc.).
This is a real opportunity to define, deliver and develop our marketing strategy and planning in China. As our business grows, the right candidate will be able to grow and further develop this function.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing an effective marketing plan for Warhammer in China that drives Reach and Engagement - in support of Sales, through all channels.
- Delivering, implementing & executing the agreed marketing plan, within allocated budget, on time, and in line with all (relevant) KPI's.
- Facilitating the creation of all relevant assets & collateral (on & offline) to support the agreed plan.
- Creating and delivering an effective social media & community strategy & offer for the Chinese market.
- Providing marketing support for Warhammer sales initiatives that form part of the wider business strategy for China.
- Ensuring alignment with Asian Retail and Trade Sales, working with key stakeholders to ensure a consolidated plan for the Chinese market, that supports the wider business goals.
- Reporting progress, analytics & insights, identifying trends & themes, and providing actionable insights on Chinese social media & community practices - delivering agreed improvements to our offer.
Skills, experience & knowledge required:
- Full comprehension of both Mandarin and English.
- Proven record of promoting a niche western brand to a Chinese audience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital marketing & Social Media space in China.
- Experience working with Chinese social media partners and digital marketing & content agencies.
- Professional business skills, such as negotiation, communication, project management, and influencing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Warhammer market in China (desired).
- Network of Chinese media contacts & influencers within the Chinese Warhammer community and / or wider entertainment & hobby space (desired)
We know this will be a challenging and exciting role for the right individual. You will be stepping into and defining our approach to a space we have not fully engaged with. Your ability to influence and manage senior internal stakeholders within all areas of the business will be key. You will play a huge role in helping us tell our story to an audience which is still relatively new to us. This is a fantastic opportunity in a fast growing, ambitious company with passionate people.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let's not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
This role requires some travel to China (once the COVID-19 pandemic has been brought under control). In additon, the successful person will be required to be flexible enough to work across both time zones..
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.