Marketing Manager (B2C)
Marketing Manager (B2C)
Harrogate, North Yorkshire with frequent travel across the Yorkshire region
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager (B2C) to join our dedicated team. Whilst the majority of our employees are currently working remotely in accordance with government guidelines, we do endeavour to return to our Head Office in Harrogate as soon as we are safely able to do so, where this role will be predominantly based.
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have previous experience as a manager in B2C marketing, brand marketing, charity marketing or communications, this is an exceptional opportunity for you to continue your career development and support the ongoing success of Yorkshire Cancer Research.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Marketing Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Marketing Manager, you will deliver a range of integrated marketing plans and campaigns to build awareness of our brand and extend our reach across Yorkshire and develop and deliver marketing campaigns to, and for, the general public, supporters and key target audiences (such as donors, volunteers, fundraisers, legacy prospects, employers, or people who are at high risk of developing cancer).
You will also:
- Lead multi-functional project teams to deliver key marketing projects, campaigns and supporter communications
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing
- Work with the Head of Marketing to create a 12 month rolling plan of marketing activity
- Ensure that our brand values and visual brand identity are accurately presented at all times
- Liaise with external marketing partners to deliver initiatives
- Manage the B2C marketing budget
To join us as our Marketing Manager, you will need:
- At least five years’ marketing experience at manager level or above, gained in a B2C marketing, brand marketing, charity marketing or a communications role.
- At least three years’ line management experience with evidence of being able to lead an integrated marketing team.
- Experience of delivering brand-aligned campaigns that drive awareness and generate ROI and/or income
- Previous experience of using customer insight to inform campaigns, creative brief development, messaging and media choices
- Project management experience
- A good understanding of branding and brand-building
- An excellent understanding of the full marketing mix, including campaigns, ATL/BTL advertising, digital, social and direct marketing
Previous charity marketing experience would be highly beneficial to your application.
The closing date for this role is the 17th January 2021.
Other organisations may call this role B2C Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Charity Marketing Manager, Campaign Manager, B2C Campaign Manager, Communications Manager, or Marcomms Manager.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Marketing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week