Analytics & Data Science Director
Analytics & Data Science Director
- Opportunity to drive step change from Analytics to Data Science offering!
- Independent agency network – lose the politics, gain the ownership!
- Inspiring leader, grow your own team, deliver thought leadership!
SALARY - £80k - £100k & benefits
LOCATION - Remote to begin with, then Central London
Joining this successful independent agency group, led by a number if impressive senior leaders from big agency networks such as WPP, Omnicom and Publicis, you’ll find less politics, a slicker and more decisive culture as well as reams of opportunity to carve your own career path as this data function embarks on an ambitious journey of growth.
Working directly with the CDO for the group, you build out a roadmap of data products and services that align more closely with data science, as well as traditional CRM, media and digital analytics. The aim is to step change the entire agency group to become more data led, eventually building out new capabilities for all the different agencies within the group, and offering more sophisticated and complex data services for a wide range of clients across FMCG, Pharma, Government and Automotive. His vision is to (probably) have a centralised group Data Function, which services all the agencies, but the role will currently sit under the one of the main agency brands, as it’s the CRM agency and most closely aligned to where he wants to go.
And although this agency network can brag about some really big name clients they do business with, they are actually also really well embedded with the SME market, working in partnership with businesses that really need them, rely on them and are invested in their solutions.
In order to successfully position data science as a core services across this multidisciplinary group of agencies, we also need someone who has a broad background in analytics. You will need to understand how digital data can connect to customer data, how MMM (market mix modelling) and econometrics operate and how ML and AI can accelerate all of these traditional analytics services, in a modern marketing world.
So, we need managers who are still hands on, able to get their hands dirty with a variety of analytical projects, whilst educating lots of different stakeholders to the art of what’s possible using data science. You will have one direct report (an existing Analyst who covers CRM analytics), but will also work with the CDO to grow a team as the agency moves forward and evolves their data offering.
Technically you have a plethora of tech to work with, and eventually, refine! R and Python are used by the Data Scientists they already have within the group, people you will start to talk to and eventually line up under the new divisional structure.
Finally, we need adaptable, ambitious, creative thought leaders. People who are engaged with not only the ultimate vision of this Director, but also understand the groundwork that needs to go into making such a major change.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
- A strong background in customer and marketing analytics, with more recent exposure to data science techniques
- It is essential you have experience with MMM (market mix modelling) and/or econometrics, as you will work with media agency partners and deliver to their analytical needs also
- You will still need strong programming skills using either R or Python, delivering analytical and data science projects yourself, whilst mapping out the growth for the team and creating opportunities
- Ideally experience of using a range of machine learning and AI techniques
- Ideally industry experience in marketing or advertising
- A problem solving approach, ability to apply advanced analytics AI and machine learning techniques to solve real world business challenges
- A curious nature, and inquisitive nature plus an ability to build strong relationships with clients, direct reports and senior level stakeholders