Account Director (Boutique Healthcare Agency) – To £65k
Account Director (Boutique Healthcare Agency) – Central London – To £65k
This ambitious boutique will blow you away. It has experienced unprecedented growth over the last five years which has elevated it from start-up to 30-strong agency.
Due to a number of new business wins, the team is looking for an experienced Account Director to help it grow further.
This role has been exclusively briefed to Fill Recruitment, so you won’t find it anywhere else.
Best described as a digitally led, creative med comms agency, it has a true ‘family feel’ and a dynamic culture. It produces integrated medical comms for its clients – both patients and doctors.
The Account Director role
The Account Director will be a key hire for the agency. An agile, confident account handler, you should have solid experience in med comms (five years plus) and ideally at least one year’s experience at Account Director level. A science background is also ideal but NOT essential.
You will report into a Medical Communications Director and manage a team of Account Managers so previous management experience is required.
The agency is not looking for a Digital Account Director per se, but digital experience would be a big advantage.
The potential to move quickly up the ranks there is very high: there are big opportunities with new business and with the accounts you will work on and the agency prefers to promote from within wherever possible.
At the moment this position is home-based due to the pandemic, but the agency is eventually looking for the position to be office based around three days a week. This is subject to change in the future (ie more or fewer days at home, depending on personal preferences).
Clients and deliverables
The agency offers three types of marketing service:
1 Brand and marketing (sales aids, emails, online portals, apps, etc)
2 Med news and education (video journals, etc)
3 Patient comms
You will work across a number of different therapy areas and key deliverables will include sales aids, videos and animation (the latter mainly for conferences) and digital comms including e-learning, web builds, email marketing, apps and some print.
You will work on a mix of new business, bedding in recently won new clients and working on their initial projects and some existing agency client accounts too.
- At least a year’s experience working in a med comms agency as an Account Director, and a minimum of five years in med comms
- Experience in managing digital promotional and medical education campaigns
- Experience in the development of brand, comms, and digital strategies
- Experience in leading accounts for prescription medicines
- Experience in leading teams of 2 to 4 people
- Team player who can lead successful teams, by motivating and inspiring colleagues
- A problem solving and can-do attitude
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (ie ABPI)
- Life science degree (BSc or MSc)
- Experience in leading accounts in the therapeutic areas of oncology or psychiatry
- Ability to pick up new accounts with little support, until a new team is established
- Experience in leading projects for digital assets, such as websites, apps, animations and other videos
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and managing your team’s workload independently
- Experience using Adobe Suite (eg Adobe XD)
Salary and benefits
To £65k depending on experience.
Other great benefits include a bonus scheme, in-office massage, pension contributions, cycle-to-work scheme and more. When office working, they also have Drinks Fridays and Cocktail and Dinner clubs!
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Account Director to really shape this agency’s future. Please send us your CV as soon as possible…
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.