Head of Digital Fundraising and Campaigns
About Choose Love
Our Vision: a world that chooses love and justice every day for everyone.
Our Mission: we do whatever it takes to identify, close and prevent gaps in services and protections for refugees and displaced people globally.
- Do work that inspires. Every day at Choose Love is an opportunity to make a real, tangible
difference to the lives of refugees and displaced people.
- Collaborate with creative, exciting people that really care. Work with friendly, smart, dedicated
people for whom this is more than a job – it’s a passion.
- Be part of a brave, innovative start-up spirit. We’re a young organisation with big ambition.
We’re fast, flexible and creative, always learning and not afraid to take risks.
About the Job
Choose Love seeks a Head of Digital Fundraising and Campaigns to lead the strategy and execution of the organization’s digital communications. Working closely with the Creative Director of Brand Communications and Campaigns and the Digital Fundraising and Campaigns Manager, this role is responsible for leading the strategy and overseeing the day to day management of Choose Love’s digital presence, with a particular focus on innovative and effective digital fundraising and advocacy campaigns, email marketing and digital advertising and acquisition.
Fundraising and Advocacy Campaigns
- Develop and execute innovative and effective digital fundraising strategy and campaigns – inclusive of digital/social advertising, supporter acquisition and email marketing – across Choose Love’s various channels to engage different audiences, moving individuals from awareness to action.
- Oversee the Digital Officer’s day to day management of all donation and advocacy platforms, including payment gateways, merchandise, text-to-donate platforms and third-party content-management systems.
- Keep abreast of data security legislation, payment/fraud legislation and cyber security to ensure compliance across the UK (with Prism support) and US.
Digital Marketing / Advertising
- Develop and execute digital advertising strategy across all platforms – website, email Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to achieve the core goals of any individual campaign (e.g. supporter acquisition, fundraising, etc.).
- Craft compelling content for digital ads and campaigns, as well as aspects of social media, emails, and other creative materials.
- Develop strategy for Choose Love website and related web Properties (e.g. Choose Love store) – including a content plan, target metrics and SEO and advertising.
- Oversee all website updates/refreshes in collaboration with the Digital Officer and external consultants
- Oversee the Digital Officer’s day-to-day updates to the website, including direct content updates via WordPress and Shopify.
- Responsible for managing website hosting, domain names, and security.
Supporter Data Management and Analysis
- Support the Digital Officer in the oversight and management of Choose Love’s CRM and integration with other tools, including email marketing, fundraising and advocacy platforms.
- Support the Digital Officer in their analysis of Choose Love’s digital data, including: website analytics, social media, supporter actions, donations, and emails. Leverage this analysis to inform future communications and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with the Digital Officer to develop and execute a strategy for audience segmentation and user journeys to move individuals from general supporters to donors and advocates to champions.
- Have minimum 5-7 years of digital communications experience working for a nonprofit, media outlet, brand, political campaign or ad agency.
- Are an innovative, creative thinker, leader and do-er who is equally comfortable building a strategy, directing staff and rolling up your sleeves to get the work done on Day 1.
- Have proven track record of running effective digital fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
- Have your finger on the pulse of cutting edge digital tools and strategies
- Not only have experience but enjoy managing a team, providing both leadership and coaching to help your colleagues grow and reach their full potential. Management style includes care and compassion.
- Experience with US and UK digital communication and marketing preferred.
- Experienced with the following tools and comfortable being in charge of day-to-day management of platforms: WordPress, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram and Twitter.
- Experience with the following tools and platforms a plus: Engaging Networks, Shopify, Blackbaud CRM, donation platforms, social media analytics tools. Knowledge of HTML/CSS also a plus.
- Acute attention to detail and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Possess authentic passion for Choose Love’s mission and work. Lived experience of any kind is a plus.
- Are willing to listen and learn, making space for ideas and approaches that are different than your own.
- Proven ability to oversee a wide portfolio of projects and to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, while understanding how to work across teams.
How to apply
Choose Love wishes to encourage applications from a wide variety of backgrounds who can drive and inspire change for refugees and displaced people. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnic candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Choose Love promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching business needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We are happy to talk about flexible working and we promote a workplace where you can be your authentic self and achieve success based only on your merit.
Salary: £40k – 50k depending on experience
Please apply with a cover letter (of no more than two pages) outlining your suitability for the role and a copy of your CV.