5 days left
- Job Role
- SEO Manager
Role: SEO Manager
Location: Remote, but there will be a need to visit a Reading office in future
Salary: to £42,000 base
Engagement: 12 month rolling fixed term contract, expected to become a permanent appointment.
Before getting into the crux of this role, there’s a couple of things which need brief explanation and clarification:
- This is an agency side role, but not your typical one. As you’ll be embedded within the client’s teams. Working from their site, rather than in an agency office, too far from any of the real action and decision making
- The client site is based in Reading. But… whilst you need to be able to get to their offices, it’s only going to be every so often once this pandemic situation is all done with. The company has adopted a very open mind about working location arrangements and will be sticking to it
- This is expected to become a permanent appointment. It’s only being appointed on a fixed term basis as the company, like many others, made the decision not to appoint new permanent headcount for the time being.
There’s a massive programme of work under way within a Pharmaceutical giant replatforming their websites, which requires the porting and updating of all site content.
That’s where you come in. Engaging with the client, helping to manage the project workflow and putting your technical understanding of SEO best practice to good use.
Working in partnership with the rest of the team who tackle things like social media and community management, content creation, writing and design.
You’ll be dealing with things like:
- Site indexing and page tagging, to drive optimum performance within search engines
- Looking at page optimisation to improve page load speeds and on page performance enhancement
- Looking at consumer trends in search, looking for opportunities to drive continued enhancement to search ranking by optimising page content to reflect these trends
- Looking at what the content team are producing and putting it into an SEO optimised format
- Keeping one eye on the external market, and coming down path like technology or search algorithm updates. Adapting strategies to accommodate these and ensure site performance always remains ahead of these changes
- Deal with link building opportunities, both from content and written articles, and how to acquire backlinks which positive impact organic ranking.
Why might you consider this opportunity?
There’s a couple of reasons for this:
- In uncertain times you want to be sure you’re joining a business that’s doing well, right? Well this company’s had a great year economically. Their client roster is made up of a lot of big names across industries who have also done well despite the pandemic, including FMCG brands and Pharmaceutical giants.
- Their principal offering is digital, in a world that’s turned to become primarily that. So business demand has stepped up as they’ve helped clients rapidly deliver solutions and scale up their digital capabilities
- The team being embedded means you look, act and feel more like a client-side digital marketer. Engaging with the client teams and decision makers. Close to the business problems, not just sat in the agency office feeling like you’re on a production line
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster
- Ability to monitor and report on organic positioning effectively
- You know how to identify and build quality backlinks
- Knowledge of SEMrush, Screaming Frog or similar.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Experience managing Publisher Outreach
- Comfortable owning and implementing best practice process from scratch
Want to Apply? Here’s how:
If you’re interested in exploring this further, you can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV – it doesn’t have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.
Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:
Head of Recruitment, Digital, Marketing & Data
Every application will receive a response