Database Analyst (Retail Insights)
3 days left
- Job Role
- Data Analyst
Database Analyst – Retail Insights – London – circa £25K+ with additional bonus & benefits
Who will I work for? A high-profile global retail insights and business intelligence consultancy based in fabulous London offices (Currently home working through Covid-19). Even working from home you’ll be part of a dynamic vibe and a very collaborative set up between the various teams too!
What’s the Opportunity? As database analyst you’ll be trusted with some of the most sensitive information in the UK today. Your ability to work conscientiously and with hawk like accuracy is really important here. You can feel part of something of value and the work will be interesting! On a daily basis you’ll be responsible for weekly and monthly data cycles, processing client data and ensuring all production processes run smoothly and accurately. This will also include support of their SQL Server back end and some exposure to their Tableau front-end.
This is actively an environment of collaboration! Personal development is positively encouraged here and you’ll have no chance to get bored! Excitingly you’ll be working across a massive retail insight sector, and if you’ve any experience within a financial environment -for example banking, financial analytics etc, you’ll be especially of interest!
So you can see there’s plenty to gain and learn in this role - if you have a good analytics foundation to work from they’ll help you build the rest.
What skills will I need to bring?
- Analytical abilities – strong attention to detail and a genuine pride in getting it right!
- Some experience of SQL Server T-SQL –able to write queries, use for data analysis and to manipulate data
- Strong communication skills – you’ll be talking to clients on the phone and via email and they’ll want to feel you’re a safe pair of hands and that you care about their business
- Confident user of Excel (Any VBA skills welcome but not essential – this is something you can develop)
- Any experience of Tableau or other Data Visualisation tools like Qlikview or PowerBI welcomed but not essential (again training will be given)
- Great to have any knowledge of data warehouse architecture & standard design concepts
- Intuitive and able to spot patterns and trends in data – not just a great mathematical brain but also having ‘guts you can trust’!
What’s it in for me? You’ll be joining some of the best ‘brains’ in retail insight / business intelligence and a company whose work is pivotal to some of the key decisions made in commercial Britain every day. Lots of new skills can be learned and rustier skills brought up to speed!
Salary: circa £25K + with annual company bonus and a generous range of benefits. Location wise in post -Covid times you’ll have access to shops, bars, eateries, gyms and public spaces which are all within easy reach of the office… If you’re isolating /shielding please be assured you are able to work from home during the pandemic.
Sounds great how do I apply? Either apply online below or Email your CV now! apply@NewPageRecruitment.com We’ll be right back with you to discuss next steps (and if you’re not quite right we’ll see what else we have for you or let you know if we can’t help).
Apply for Database Analyst (Retail Insights)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly