Marketing Automation Consultant
Marketing Automation Consultant, London – Up to £90K or £650 per day (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses
Are you a technical Marketing Automation Consultant that loves tech challenges? Are you a thinker? Do you love strategy? Do clients love you too? This mar-tech consultancy are at the forefront of innovation. Here, you’ll be working with a team who are obsessed with new mar-tech and how it makes marketing better, not complicated.
This Marketing Automation Consultant will have a broad mar-technology under their belt and “data” will be their middle name.
As Marketing Automation Consultant you’ll be an integral part of the consultancy team and offer excellent technical oversight and drive relationship development by showcasing unparalleled customer focus.
The main duties and responsibilities for this Marketing Automation Consultant are:
- Understanding current marketing and advertising architecture and how it integrates with underlying data repositories and broader architecture
- Understanding current use of the technology and identifying specific pain points (such as lack of integration, data latency, insufficient functionality etc.)
- Capturing aspirations and use cases from business users of the technology
- Completing a gap analysis exercise to highlight areas that require change / investment
- Providing a recommended to-be architecture, and where relevant considering pros and cons of different approaches (e.g. single cloud vendor vs best of breed marketing platforms, build vs procure, etc.)
- Define a value based roadmap that details logical sequencing of activity including a prioritised delivery of any identified quick wins followed by more strategic changes
- Playback of a project (i.e. high level findings & recommendations, with supporting rationale) via presentation to a senior (typically exec) audience
- Refining & reshaping recommendations into pragmatic, tangible implementation projects that can be delivered
This Marketing Automation Consultant will bring the following experience and skills to the role:
- Experience delivering the type of projects outlined above
- Strong technical background and understanding of technical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A solid understanding of typical marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare and deliver a presentation suitable for an exec level audience
- Working knowledge of a variety of different b2c marketing & advertising technologies (this would likely include campaign management tools, analytics, BI, online personalisation, decisioning / recommendation engines, CDPs, DMPs and more)
- Ability to quickly understand capabilities and limitations of a technology out already familiar to you
- Fundamental knowledge of data architecture technologies (from traditional data warehousing technologies through to the suite of tools available in modern cloud providers, i.e. Google Cloud Platform, AWS and / or Azure)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organisation skills
- Ability to rapidly glean information captured through focus interviews and workshops
- Commercial acumen
- Experience in overseeing RFI / RFP processes
- Experience in business development and pitching in response to client briefs
- Pragmatic & common sense approach to client challenges & ability to provide recommendations that are practical and achievable within clients specific constraints (E.g. budgets, resources, existing vendor lock-in etc.)
- Proven ability to transition consulting recommendations into implementation and deliver tangible change / improvements
If you’re the Marketing Automation Consultant we are looking for then please do get in touch as soon as possible.
Please quote AP917 when applying for this Marketing Automation Consultant role.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com/