Client Director – Independent Creative Agency – Central London – To £90k
Fast-growing, digitally led, independent creative agency in Central London seeks experienced Client Director to oversee the agency’s largest global client account.
This role is exclusive to Fill Recruitment, so you won’t find it anywhere else.
The start date is ASAP.
The Client Director role
As Client Director, you will be a key player in an already established team, directing the agency’s largest and most important client account (c£3m and growing exponentially).
This will involve overseeing multiple streams of work at all times across different countries and territories.
You will be expected to assume responsibility for the ‘bigger picture’ whilst also being ‘always on’, ensuring that you are across all live briefs, clients are managed regarding feasibility / timings and your team is always on top of its delivery.
Yours will be a highly senior client-facing and commercial role, encompassing client and account management, business development, strategic selling and project delivery.
You will effectively be running a mini-business at the agency and will support the Client Partners in penetrating new accounts, whilst always having the ear of the client’s most senior people.
Strong strategy and good team management experience are essential as you will be responsible for co-ordinating an overall team of 10 on the account whilst directly line-managing a Senior Account Director and an Account Manager plus a team of 2 Analysts.
Your broad skill set will be digitally led and you will understand the power of data and CRM (without needing to know the specifics), as well as platforms, content campaigns and / or media knowledge.
Your experience will encompass the creation and management of a variety of digital activity from communications campaigns to web development projects and everything in between.
The account is the agency’s largest and, whilst ‘quite corporate’, the clients are incredibly professional and expect their agency to be the same.
You will be involved in some incredible projects ranging from outreach strategy, multi-sports (including eSports and Formula 1), music promotions / live streams, YouTube campaigns, podcasts and myriad other lifestyle activities and events.
Although already large, the account still has masses of scope for growth; taking on the account when it is still in its infancy offers you a huge opportunity to develop your role at the agency as your influence and the account both develop.
- Own the day-to-day client relationship, making sure that all requests are dealt with in a professional and timely way
- Ensure that all the work the agency deliver is of the highest quality and is on time and to budget
- Build effective client relationships in which you become their trusted advisor, in turn helping the agency to do great work together
- Understand the dynamics of the client’s business, to identify ways in which digital can help them meet their objectives
- Stay on top of what your client’s competitors are doing and share insights with the client / agency teams
- Take responsibility for commercial management of your account, including accurate forecasting on a weekly basis and management of WIP and invoicing
- Work collaboratively with cross-discipline teams. Actively contribute to the Client Services and portfolio teams, participating in regular meetings and training
- Grow and develop your client relationships, including creation of an annual business development plan for you and your team
- Continue building your knowledge of the digital marketing and technology sector, including attending agency training sessions
Skills and experience required
- Client Director with digital experience which includes data, CRM, platforms, content campaigns and / or media
- Excellent written, verbal, organisational and presentation skills
- Experience in creating and managing a variety of digital activity, from communications campaigns to web development projects
- Experience in writing strategic proposals in answer to client briefs and making proactive proposals
- Appreciation of data and how insight can be used to help drive clients’ businesses
- Naturally inquisitive
- Clear, engaging communicator
- Customer focused
- Ability to predict and solve problems
- ‘Can do / will do’ attitude
- Able to effectively lead other subject matter experts and complex operational issues
Salary and benefits
The salary ranges from £80k-90k plus a host of good hard and soft benefits commensurate with the seniority of the role.
Digitally led Client Directors with masses of ambition and a passion for growth and innovation, please send us your CV today.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.