Head of Analytics - Global Games Studio
Head of Analytics
- Global Games Studio – Portfolio of insanely successful titles
- Shape and grow your own analytics and data engineering team
- A role of dreams for all you gaming Analysts out there
£75k - £90k plus bonus & benefits
London or Brighton (remotely to begin with)
SO how do you analyse, measure and improve one of the world’s most successful video games launched this year?
Answer business questions, solve business problems and support product development for a games developer on the precipice of stratospheric growth?
With intellectual curiosity…A passion for gaming….And an ability to leverage statistical analysis and modelling techniques to identify sharp opportunities for optimising, influencing and improving player experience. That’s how.
As Head of Analytics, this role comes with all the usual accolades of responsibility and opportunity - educating the business on the value of data and analytics, demonstrating a depth of expertise, delivery of commercially impactful insights and analytical products to help take the business to world class level.
You will likely be a Lead Analyst or Analytics Manager who is still very much hands on with analytics and modelling themselves, looking to step up. You’ll be building on a small existing team, automating reporting processes, leading on data engineering to take them to a far more sophisticated level of analytics and insights and eventually, modern data science.
We need ambition, adaptability, creativity and vision as well as strong technical skills. You will apply your own skills in data visualisation, A/B testing, marketing and customer (player) behaviour analysis, with tools such as SQL and PowerBI, and R or Python (if you see fit) as well as balancing this with managing stakeholders across multidisciplinary teams.
Reporting into the VP of Product, you have an unrivalled opportunity to be part of something market leading, as the business goes through unprecedented growth.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and are keen to really own analytics which could ultimately have a huge impact on the continued success of player and customer satisfaction and engagement, for one of the world’s most recognised gaming titles of 2020 (amongst many others!), then apply today!
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Chemistry, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering
- Experience in managing or mentoring data analysts and/or data engineers
- Hands on coding experience using SQL and PowerBI (or Tableau, Qlikview etc.), and ideally R or Python for building dashboard, exploratory analysis and modelling purposes
- Experience of working with large volumes of data on cloud based platforms (Snowflake, Redshift, Google Cloud Platform) preferred
- Strong skills in building stakeholder relationships, gaining trust and in turn shaping requirements for analysis and modelling
- Experience in the gaming industry (social gaming, mobile gaming, gambling, console etc.) strongly preferred
- An acute awareness of how data can drive decisioning resulting in commercial return
- Experience in A/B testing, measurement and KPI establishment
- Taking valuable insights to various teams in the company, driving change, improvements and value return
For further information or to apply please contact:
Management Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com