Business Development Manager - aosphere
6 days left
- Job Role
- Business Development Manager
aosphere (an affiliate of Allen & Overy)
Allen & Overy (A&O) is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. aosphere (www.aosphere.com ) is a highly successful innovative provider of on-line subscription-based legal risk management products and was established by A&O in 2001. Products include compliance based services Rulefinder Shareholding Disclosure, Rulefinder Marketing Restrictions, Rulefinder e-Signature and Rulefinder Data Privacy, derivatives based services (netalytics, CSAnalytics, diligence, diligence ISDA e-contracts, repoAnalytics, SLAnalytics, DRVanalytics and EFETalytics), and technology services (GreenLight). aosphere is a growth area and on average launches one new service every two years.
aosphere’s client base has predominately been financial services institutions but with the launch of Rulefinder e-Signature and the re-launch of Rulefinder Data Privacy in Q3/4 2020 is looking to appeal to a wider non-financial corporate market. aosphere products are used by over 500 institutions worldwide and approximately 15,000 individual users.
aosphere consists of a dedicated legal team of experienced product lawyers (average 15 years PQE), a dedicated Support and Monitoring team and Business Development function. Our culture values teamwork, personal responsibility and growth and the highest standards of quality and ethical standards in all we do.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established but dynamic and growing business offering innovative solutions to client problems. In order to increase global revenues aosphere is seeking a full or part time BD Manager reporting to an Executive Director (who is a senior lawyer) to target and sign new clients with a focus on direct lead generation and targeting non-financial corporates.
The successful candidate will have significant experience and a proven track record of initiating and managing sales and marketing campaigns resulting in direct lead and revenue generation in a professional services environment. The candidate must be able to prospect and engage credibly at senior levels internally and externally. Part time and flexible working opportunities available.
Role and Responsibilities
The role requires someone with established marketing and sales experience in a professional services environment with energy and drive to initiative and lead successful marketing and sales campaigns under their own initiative. The ideal candidate would have experience in a sales and marketing role in a publishing, data or information based business selling to corporate clients and understand selling subscription services. The role requires excellent presentation and communication skills, fluent English, flexibility, a can-do attitude and strong organization skills. Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM would be an advantage.
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Initiating and driving marketing and sales campaigns with an initial focus on our data privacy offering
- Identifying new target sectors and clients and developing a strategy for engagement
- Reporting on campaigns and identifying and measuring success against KPIs
- Effectively qualifying leads and new opportunities from potential clients
- Identifying and delivering process improvements and efficiencies in our lead generation and sales processes more widely
- Leading client meetings and demonstrations and handling commercial negotiations with clients
- Using and developing our Salesforce platform
- Suggesting improvements to marketing collateral and working with the aosphere Senior BD Manager and BD Executives to improve the aosphere website, marketing collateral, and brand templates.
- Acting as a senior champion and brand ambassador for aosphere externally in the market
- Working with counterparts in the wider A&O and Advanced Delivery teams to ensure consistent messaging and to explore business collaboration opportunities and cross selling
- Energy and drive to gain results, improve and succeed
- Able to demonstrate the ability to generate new revenues via campaigns and prospecting
- Understanding of legal requirements for marketing eg cold calling restrictions and other compliance requirements
- Ability to quickly made a credible impact with clients
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills including a willingness to undertake a range of varied tasks with a can-do attitude
- Aptitude for quickly acquiring a rigorous understanding of the various technical areas covered by the aosphere products
- Genuinely fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to develop independently in the role and effectively communicate across the team in a collaborative way
- The passion and commitment to deliver to the highest standard for our clients
- Creative thinking both in new ideas and way of creatively using existing channels and resources
- Entrepreneurial outlook and passion for continually improving processes and client delivery to ensure we are at the forefront of providing a market leading client experience
- Graduate (non-graduates with extensive market experience and proven track record will be considered)
- At least 5 years marketing and sales experience in a professional services environment
- Sound knowledge of key marketing and sales platforms including LinkedIn and Salesforce
- Excellent IT skills
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.