Interim Communications Manager
Interim Communication Manager, Reading, Berkshire, £300-£500 per day
Your new company
Our client is both a research institute and a 24/7 operational service, producing and disseminating numerical weather predictions to its Member States. Our client carries out scientific and technical research directed to the improvement of its forecasts, collects and processes large amounts of observations, and manages a long-term archive of meteorological data.
Your new role
This position sits within the Communications Team and the Communication Manager will report to the Head of Communications. Our client is looking for a talented communication manager to join its Communication team on a temporary basis for a period of up to 6 months.
The communication section of the business handles internal and external communication, including the organisation and management of around 100 days of workshops and seminars per year, the publication of around 80 web articles a year, and a quarterly newsletter. They also handle media requests from across the globe, mainly focussing on their scientific advances, as well as the management of internal channels dedicated to staff engagement
What you'll need to succeed
- University degree in a related subject or a relevant professional qualification is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Confident communicator with the ability to translate complex concept into simple language.
- Very strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional publishing skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Some experience of staff line management.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
The interviews will be conducted in English. A good knowledge of one of the Centre's other working languages (French or German) would be desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return you will earn a very competitive day rate and will have the opportunity to work for a fantastic company as part of a well established and successful communications team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.