Social Media Manager, UK & US - Global Family Entertainment Company (12 mth FTC)
The Social Media Manager, UK & US will work closely with the Global Social Media Director to set and implement local strategies for an enviable portfolio of leading global family brands. You will work in close collaboration with the UK and US Marketing Teams. This will include planning social calendars, expanding brand reach, growing brand engagement, championing trends and opportunities, analysing effectiveness, and transitioning social strategies and execution in-house.
The role is a full-time contract for 12 months.
In this role, your accountabilities and responsibilities are to…
- Manage the UK & US Facebook pages for key brands, plus the global Instagram and Twitter accounts, which includes creating original posts, copywriting and scheduling
- Monitor and respond to new and existing community on all social media platforms in a timely and personable manner and in keeping with our brand values and tone of voice
- Utilise analytic tools to evaluate content performance against set KPIs in close alignment with the Global Social Media Director, ensuring our content and social strategies are successful in the UK and US and resonate with our audiences
- Be a social media expert, aligning closely with the Global Social Media Director to ensure local requirements and learnings are integrated into global content and social strategies
- Ensure UK and US social strategies and processes compliment and align with the global strategy, as set by the Global Social Media Director
- Develop a deep understanding of our social media communities in the UK and US to continually drive brand awareness and deepen brand engagement
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly as part of a specialist in-house Global Social Media Team, continually sharing ideas and learnings with Social Media colleagues around the world to streamline processes and deliver best-in-class social media for our brands
- Closely align with the UK and US Marketing Teams to ensure social media is integrated with and fully supports local brand and commercial objectives and 360 marketing plans
- Work closely with our Global Paid Media Team to set up and run effective social paid media campaigns, ensuring these delivers against set KPIs
- Identify social media trends and opportunities, and proactively capitalise on them in innovative ways, sharing learnings with the global team to drive future strategy development
- Work with Global Creative Services and Global Brand Teams to oversee development of creative materials for social platforms based on local strategies and needs
- Coordinate with UK and US SVP/VPs of Brand Marketing and PR agency on crisis response and management as required to ensure all private and public engagement with followers is appropriate and on-brand
To do this role, you will have/be…
- Proven experience of managing social media strategies, specifically in the UK and/or US. Previous experience with consumer brands, especially in the kids/family space, is a plus
- A true social media enthusiast who is passionate about family brands. You will have a strong understanding of the role social media plays as part of broader brand strategy
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape including platforms (existing and emerging), algorithms, challenges and opportunities
- Comfortable with using native and 3rd party analytic tools and reporting against KPIs
- Highly collaborative and team-orientated with demonstrable relationship management skills
- A creative champion committed to the highest quality and innovation levels with thorough understanding of our communities, brands and values
- Excellent written skills in English, with the ability to write engaging social copy that reflects brand tone of voice and resonates with our communities. Strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong understanding of the importance of SEO, keywords and hashtags to ensure our posts surface in search algorithms
- Hands-on attitude, willing to roll up sleeves and ability to enhance potential of self and team by sharing insights, new ideas and solutions
- Proven ability to handle major brand presence on social media, ensuring and maintaining high levels of community engagement, while expressing our company’s views creatively and consistently.
In this role, you will…
- Become the local in-house social media expert, disseminating knowledge, expertise and guidance to relevant marketing and commercial teams in the territory
- Lead the social media channels for two of the top three preschool brands in the world
- Get significant exposure to the inner workings of a world-class 360 brand management company.