Digital Communications Manager
Digital Communications Manager – Time to Change
Albert Embankment, London
Are you an imaginative digital communications professional with experience of managing social media content?
Want to lead the team at the heart of England’s largest mental health anti-stigma and transform the way people think and talk about mental illness?
If you want to drive the success of a campaign that is aiming to end mental health discrimination once and for all, this is an amazing opportunity to help bring about positive, lasting change as a Digital Communications Manager.
Rethink Mental Illness is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. We aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, we directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
We have partnered with Mind to deliver Time to Change, a growing social movement working to change the way we all think and act about mental health. We’ve already reached millions of people and begun to improve attitudes and behaviour, but we know that many people still don’t believe mental health problems are likely to affect them or people they know.
We’re looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join us on a contract until March 2021 and support the next stage of the Time to Change movement.
- Salary of £33,076.20 – £36,627.59 per annum plus London Weighting
- Pension scheme
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
- “Your Rethink Day” – an additional day of leave for your birthday
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid eye test plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses (where appropriate)
- Career progression programme to support your professional aspirations
Mental health can affect anyone. Statistically, 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem in any given year. Experiencing a mental health problem is hard enough without having to deal with the shame and isolation that often comes with it, which is why our work is so important.
In this important role, you will have the chance to change attitudes towards mental health and tackle discrimination, which will encourage more people to seek help and get on the road to recovery.
What’s more, you will have the opportunity to shape the way we use digital resources, meaning you will be able to make a tangible difference to our organisation as a whole.
As the Digital Manager, you’ll utilise digital channels and systems to maximise the impact of the Time to Change campaign and social movement.
Leading a team of two digital communications professionals, you’ll develop a strategy and create content for Time to Change’s social media channels, which have 750,000 followers across platforms.
Working across social media, web content and product management, you will:
- Manage our website with a user-centric mindset, ensuring content is as helpful and effective as possible for key audiences
- Distribute key messages and increase supporters through our social media channels
- Act as our digital expert and work across the campaign to help colleagues utilise technology
- Ensure our digital systems meet the needs of external users and internal teams
- Manage and monitor our digital budget
- Recruit new staff and volunteers
To join us as a Digital Manager, you will need:
- Proven success in managing social media content for a charitable or campaigning organisation and considerable experience with digital communications
- Experience in digital project management and manging websites or other digital products
- Previous experience of leading and developing staff and/or volunteers, including setting and reviewing SMART objectives
- Budget management experience
- Experience of evaluating projects and producing reports or presentations that evidence impact
- The drive to include the voices of people with lived experience of mental health problems in your work
We want to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Social Media Manager, Digital Manager, Digital & Social Media Manager, Digital Strategy Manager, Digital Content Manager, Communications Manager, Digital Campaign Manager, or Campaign Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 30th September 2019, with the first round of interviews scheduled to be held on the 16th October 2019.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a tangible difference as a Digital Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.