Analyst - Data Science and Automation - Global Media Agency
Analyst - Data Science and Automation
** Global Media Agency **
COMPANY & ROLE
This role sits within one of the world’s most recognisable media agencies, supporting on the growth and development of the data science offering for a variety of local and international clients.
This is a great chance to be part of a small yet influential, and visible team within one of the world's most respected Media Agencies, working on designing cutting edge data science solutions, products and tools.
You will work under a very credible Director, who has a strong heritage in media agency and management consulting analytics and work amongst a wider team of experts in media analytics, management consulting, measurement and reporting as well as mar-tech and data tech consulting.
This role requires a curious and creative mindset, as you will be helping us solve analytical problems for some of the world’s biggest brands using data. You will help deliver technical solutions to meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. Examples of work include building web applications powered by machine learning, or analysing media and website data to understand consumer behaviour to help media planners and clients determine the optimal channel mix.
There will be an opportunity to grow into the role, and along the way, learn cutting edge technologies like Google Cloud, and Azure as well as developing an understanding of the advertising industry with one of the world’s biggest advertising groups. This agency offers some fantastic training programmes to help you do this to become an engine of change to support global and market needs and spread state-of-the-art data science and data engineering practices.
You will be working alongside more experienced Data Scientists and Data Engineers, with responsibilities to collaborate with other markets (and other Data Scientists) across the world.
We are looking for someone who likes to innovate and solve complex problems, as well as someone who passionately dedicates her / himself to the task at hand. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills and passions, while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Finally, you should also be commercially minded, naturally curious and eager to constantly deliver the best possible solutions to a business problem.
Clients include global automotive, travel and FMCG brands, so you will be involved in some diverse and exciting projects.
SALARY £25k - £30k plus benefits
LOCATION Central London
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering
- Coding experience with a programming language such as R or Python is essential
- The ability to build strong relationships and communities amongst peers and stakeholders
- SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing and Spark skills
- Strong data structure and algorithm background
- Demonstrable interest or understanding of cloud data modelling & data pipeline design: iterative data pipeline development from raw, curated, integrated to published data.
- Ideally, familiarity with cloud based technologies - AWS/Azure/GCP
- Ideally, knowledge of machine learning solutions (e.g. attribution, image recognition) to support business decision
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn more
- Above all, a team player. All work is done as part of a team
- Ideally experience in a media agency, or relevant customer marketing environment
For further information or to apply please contact:
Managing Consultant – Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com