Our client is an amazing, vibrant technology business. Based in Guildford, they need an Events Manager to come in and help them get the most out of their attendance at events and to manage some in house events. The business is global and the UK team is growing at a real pace. Great team environment!
As Events Manager you will need to have previous experience in managing, developing and running events.
- Responsible for the management of all events (often complex) from start to finish
- Working and negotiating with vendors to understand rules, invoicing and planning
- Working with the rest of marketing team to ensure other items are delivered in lead up to the events – Social media, merchandise, gifts etc
- Liaising with sales team leadership to ensure alignment of priorities
- Responsible for staying within a given budget for an event
- Responsible for working with the in-house travel team to ensure all attendees have travel booked on their behalf
- Responsible for any 1st party events that may need creating – Dinners, parties, sales kick off’s etc
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Previous experience in managing events
- Proven decision-making capability
- Deadline drive. Able to prioritise.
- Fluent in English. Other European languages advantageous
- Good analytical skills
As well as the excellent salary on offer, there are some great benefits, including pension, healthcare and private dental. The team are also given a brilliant work environment and all the tools they need to get their jobs done. You will get a MacBook, Bose headphones, a sit/stand desk. There are team get togethers including an annual event in Cyprus in January. They celebrate successes in style. They are planning to move to larger offices in the Guildford area, which will have the cool, tech vibe ... a pool table and break out areas!