Buyer Indirect Procurement Europe
Indirect Procurement Buyer (Europe)
Permanent, Full Time, Solingen
We offer a Competitive salary & benefits including A ‘can do’ working culture, Group Accident Insurance, Health Management Program, 30 Days Annual Leave, Induction Program , Employee Assistance Programme, Discounted Edgewell, Branded Products, Flexible Working, Onsite Gym, Free Beverage, Parking Area, Company Pension Plan, Casual Wear and a Great Boss!
Let’s Talk About You
You want to own your career and you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as an Indirect Procurement Buyer with an exciting European focus. This is a perfect role for someone who is looking to do more than just sit back and manage PO’s; it’s a chance to utilize your problem solving, consulting and category management skills.
Let’s Get Down to Business
This is a newly created role and an excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement or Category professional to be responsible for executing procurement sourcing activities in all indirect categories in Europe! Reporting to the EU Indirect Procurement Manager, you will be involved in partnering with the business to ensure spend is optimized. You will be part of a diverse European team and will work closely with Hub leaders to support Indirect Procurement. The role demands a great deal of stakeholder involvement, negotiation and vendor management so is ideal for someone who enjoys problem solving and building long lasting relationships.
Here’s a sample of the type of things you will be responsible for:
- Work with suppliers to ensure that existing services meet their service targets
- Executes and coordinates projects for continuous process improvements; helps identify opportunities to increase efficiency and eliminate non-value add activities
- Interface with the leadership and management teams within Europe to drive productivity.
- Design, implement and stabilise approved programs and improvements
- Develop and implement indirect procurement strategy, goals and savings targets in line with company strategy and procurement best-practices
- Oversees the development and execution of sourcing strategies including the setting of targets, timelines and resource plans while maximizing effect spend under management
- Manages, develops and leads all buyers negotiating and executing contracts for relevant spend
- Develops relationships with senior executives from key suppliers and engages them in strategic supplier management for value creation and innovation
- Assist to manage all European Hub spend to levels that are commensurate with industry benchmarks for a company of our size
- Support the optimisation of vendor management for key vendors to ensure that the company is maximising the relationships with these strategic vendor relationships
- Build strong relationships with all business partners and suppliers
Show Us What You’ve Got
Ideally you will have previous procurement or in-depth category experience gained within a global commercial or FMCG / consumer goods business.
In this role, it is important that you can work autonomously, flexibly and consultatively with individuals and teams located internationally. Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our values and belief in ‘challenge to win’.
In addition, it would be great if you have the following:
- Indirect Procurement or consulting experience, particularly in services and marketing
- Proven track record of working with multiple senior level stakeholders to deliver results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including total cost analysis Good consulting skills, specifically in managing change, project management and presenting Knowledge of the procure to pay process
- University degree in Supply Chain, Business, technical field or equivalent experience
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills – the ability to influence others to achieve the best results.
- Ability to adapt with a high degree of flexibility with the ability to understand appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
- Vendor management skills
- Experience in Marketing and Professional Services Strategic Sourcing
- Demonstrated understanding of legal contracts; procurement, consulting or sourcing experience
- Experience working on projects in cross functionally and cross culturally spanning across multiple European markets
- Languages: English & German (fluent both written and spoken)
This is a fantastic role for someone who’s looking to manage the process of sourcing and deliver expert change management that really adds value to the business.
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Please email an up to date CV along with your salary expectations