Head of Marketing - Imaginative Children's Brand
- A stand-out opportunity for a marketing lead to join a much-loved heritage British children’s brand with global audiences, as their Head of Marketing.
- The slate of activity this company coordinates ranges from maximising the performance of existing books and other products at retail to developing new publishing, merchandise and digital products, and activating major new films, television series, stage shows and partnerships.
- The Head of Marketing will be a pivotal member of the senior team, defining the creative and strategic promotional plan for the brand ensuring that they continue to build cultural currency, build and connect with audiences, and drive revenue through brand partnerships.
- Working with a small friendly team in beautiful central London offices, full of personality and charm.
- The Head of Marketing will create and execute marketing plans related to core audiences (teachers, children, parents) and tailored for geographic market aims.
- Develop marketing and PR strategy which supports the wider business plan.
- Support the Brand Strategy Director in refining the unique brand tone of voice, brand values and other core brand guidelines.
- Work with their PR consultant to define PR strategy both for the UK and key international markets.
- Lead key digital projects such as defining longer term plans for digital products and digital content to support their merchandise plans.
- Lead relationships with core partners (entertainment partners, publishers etc) from marketing and PR point of view.
- Lead the implementation of a new website for the brand.
- Line management of Marketing Manager, Partnerships Manager, and 2 publicity consultants (UK and US based)
- Experienced marketing lead with a deep understanding of brand, ideally having previously led the marketing strategy for a high profile brand.
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong digital knowledge, as part of a marketing generalist skillset.
- A good grasp of PR – knowledge of the media landscape would be helpful.
- Ideally an understanding of licensing and/or brand and entertainment industry.
- Proven track record in building and executing strategic marketing plans.
- Experience in defining brand audiences and building and implementing brand guidelines.
- Experience in leading a complex and wide range of relationships and partnerships
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence, inform and manage multiple stakeholders on any given project.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and appetite for growth.
- A passion for children’s stories & entertainment.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to demonstrate your flair for innovative marketing, with a prestigious and award-winning organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch by sending your CV to Rachel Steele at Blue Forge, through the link below.