Writer & Content Creator
Writer and Content Creator
Hull, East Yorkshire
Do you love the power of the written word? Do you find inspiration from hearing and retelling people’s stories? Can you make the mundane sound magical? If the answer’s yes, we want to hear from you.
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to shine light into the darkest days within comfortable and caring environment.
We offer outstanding palliative care to patients and support to carers and families, adding life to days when days can’t be added to life.
We’re now seeking a Writer and Content Creator to join our team in Hull.
The Dove House story is amazing, you need to tell it.
- Salary of £20,637 - £23,191 per annum
- Contributory Group Personal Pension
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is the perfect opportunity for a writer or journalist to take their next step and drive their career forwards into the charitable sector. You’ll be joining a key care provider supporting people at a time when they need it the most, meaning that you are giving back and helping make a difference whilst fulfilling your own career ambitions.
You’ll discover a range of benefits (in addition to those listed above) including discounts, health and wellbeing benefits, career development and education opportunities and much, much more.
As a Writer and Content Creator, you will be tasked with working as part of our Communications and Events Team to ensure that Dove House’s messages are clearly communicated with our service users and supporters.
This exciting role will be responsible for writing engaging content for a wide variety of literature and online resources as well as meeting patients and their families, staff and volunteers to record and tell their story.
Writing in the Dove House voice, you will help to produce high quality, accurate, engaging and accessible copy for a variety of different Dove House Hospice resources across all departments.
You will create and write emotive and powerful cases for support for the purposes of Income Generation, ensuring that compelling stories drive the success of our fundraising across a range of channels and audiences.
Your role will also involve:
- Collating and co-ordinating copy for the main Keeping in Touch Newsletter
- Ensuring that the audience is considered and is at the forefront of all content that is created
- Meeting with patients and their families to record their stories and turn them in to sensitive case studies to exemplify the work the hospice does
- Co-ordinating the hospice’s Internal Newsletter finding stories and regular developing articles
- Proofreading documents created by others, editing and amending to maintain consistency and professionalism
To join us as our Writer and Content Creator, you’ll need:
- A high standard of written English language skills with the ability to adapt your writing style to suit the audience
- A passion for the written word
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- The ability to work under pressure maintaining a strong attention to detail
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will require a DBS check prior to commencing their role.
Experience of working in marketing, public relations, fundraising or journalism would be beneficial to your application. Experience of copywriting and content creation would also be advantageous, as would knowledge of the voluntary sector and of working on direct marketing campaigns.
The closing date for this role is the 11th September 2019.
Other organisations may call this role Writer & Content Creator, Copywriter Content Creator, Marketing Executive, Online Copywriter, Copy Editor, Writer, Journalist, Digital Marketing Executive, or Online Content Creators.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are eager to drive your career forward and share powerful and emotive hospice stories as a Writer and Content Creator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
More searches like this
- Creative and Design Charity / Not for Profit jobs in East Riding of Yorkshire
- Digital / Online Marketing Charity / Not for Profit jobs in East Riding of Yorkshire
- PR and Communications Charity / Not for Profit jobs in East Riding of Yorkshire
- Content Marketing Charity / Not for Profit jobs in East Riding of Yorkshire