Corporate PR Account Manager – Junior Account Director
My client is a well-known and respected Manchester based marketing agency that is looking to appoint a new PR & Content Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager or Junior Account Director.
The role will have line management responsibilities and work on clients within the private equity houses, law firms, banks and b2b corporate businesses.
The successful candidate will act as the key point of contact for clients, advising them on the best activity to achieve their objectives. You will also take responsibility for the day-to-day management of client accounts, working closely with the team to ensure all activity is completed to a high standard and to deadline, in order to achieve agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gain a deep understanding of clients’ vision, strategy and the areas in which they operate
- Act as the key point of contact for client queries, taking briefs and advising them on the most beneficial activity in line with the strategy
- Brief account executives on activity in line with the client strategy where necessary
- Ensure quality control of all outputs by offering constructive feedback on all content to account executives Ensure the consistent delivery of client projects within timescales and budget while maintaining expected levels of service
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed KPIs across all relevant accounts and work closely with head of content to flag and address any concerns about hitting targets
- Assist the team with writing and gaining approval for all types of written content such as blogs, emailers, press releases, features, thought leadership articles, interviews and social media posts where necessary Assist strategists as required, e.g. proposal writing and working as part of a pitch team to win new business. Provide strategic input into the management of accounts.
- Attend relevant networking, client and sector related events and contribute to the organisation and running of agency-wide events.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Previous experience of managing people and client accounts of all sizes, preferably within an agency environment
- Proven track-record for implementing and managing successful PR and marketing campaigns
- Preferably have a range of pre-established media contacts
- High level of English and IT literacy
- Experience of working to varying deadlines across multiple time pressures
- Knowledge of the wider media
- Strong understanding of the creative and marketing industry
- Competent with MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PR and marketing abilities
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Proactive self-starter who takes responsibility for your own workload and actions
- Ability to anticipate what will be required of you
- Results-driven with a creative thought process.
- Ability to manage teams of differing abilities, as well as demanding and complex clients
- Fast learner with the desire to continuously build on your existing knowledge
- Strong client facing skills and confidence in running client meetings
- Ambition to learn and grow, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for marketing and media relations
- Good commercial acumen