Propositions Manager (multiple opportunities available)
Are you're finding your current scope for growth limited?
Maybe you’re not enthused by the product category, or you find yourself managing the status quo with no scope to create new things, and that’s what you’re yearning to do…
With a variety of opportunities available across multiple product categories at the moment, the one thing you’re not going to be short of is choice. The firm is also being pragmatic to look at applications on a 'pooled' basis. So you may find you have the opportunity to choose between roles, and find something that really fits with your ambitions and interest.
The reason for this? The firm is doing a big recruitment drive across their product and propositions division following a big re-org. This has created a large number of new positions at the same time.
We’re handling vacancies across the following areas within their propositions division:
- Proposition development targeting new customers across their portfolio of products, being TV, Sport, Broadband, Calls, convergence propositions and value added services
- Proposition development for in-life management of existing customers across the same product categories
- Marketing Planning and Propositions Roadmap Planning (both short and long-term)
- Commercial partnerships, working with a number of handset manufacturers – establishing commercially sound propositions in partnership with those, bring them to market
- Customer retention – developing propositions to retain customers across product categories
Everything you do will start with the customer at the centre of your decision making. Leveraging killer consumer and market insight to inform the right commercial decisions to take and how to shape your propositions. Looking to appeal to specific customer segments based on their needs and interests. This will also include decisions around pricing. To ensure competitiveness in market, and also P&L objectives of the product category are achieved.
The business also works in an Agile manner, so there will be opportunities to rotate around categories. Learn new things, and get exposure to many different product areas too.
There’s going to be a lot of green-field opportunity available, as the business looks to move brand positioning to better appeal to new customer segments they’ve not targeted before, to enable better success across their portfolio of consumer brands.
A key part to any role here will be stakeholder engagement and influencing. Namely around proposition concepts and business cases in order to get the green light to take these concepts through to successful launch.
You’ll also be responsible for setting target KPI’s for propositions, translating these into a set of rules for the trading teams to follow, to ensure bigger picture commercial goals are achieved.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
They hold the No1 spot in a number of product categories, where they’re still a challenger, you’ll see them pouring billions into transforming offerings to take the fight to the incumbent. Their ambition is to be No1 across all markets they operate in.
They work as a highly collaborative environment. It’s one of the core values they look for people to demonstrate too in the interview process. There’s no room for big ego’s and you don’t win by shouting loudest here. They come together to support each other and the business has a fantastic track record of promoting from within.
The average tenure is over 8 years, and they can also demonstrate numerous top execs in their firm have come through the ranks. With some having joined the firm around this career level too.
If you’re something of a budding commercial entrepreneur, with a great handle on understanding customer needs and creating concepts and proposition they’ll love. You will likely relish becoming a part of their team. Especially with the wealth of opportunities available within such a massive brand like this.
Role: Propositions Manager (multiple opportunities available)
Location: Central London
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: 10% bonus, great pension, 25 days leave, flex-bens package and lots more.
- Propositions and Pricing experience – developing business cases, deciding what solutions to see to customers and at what price – pulling from a pool of different products to create bundles, etc.
- Product Management / Product Development experience within a B2C environment
- Telecoms, broadband or premium TV experience would be highly advantageous, but any Consumer market, subscriptions based business model experience within proposition development is a really great fit
- You have experience in supporting or owning business case development – taking ideas from concept through to launch
- Experience of bringing new products to market, and launching to a consumer audience
- Sound commercial skills, in assessing propositions with market opportunities - balancing customer needs, product features and pricing strategies
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK – sponsorship cannot be provided.
You can apply be sending your LinkedIn profile, or an up to date CV (whichever is easiest). Or for further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com/marketing
Apply for Propositions Manager (multiple opportunities available)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly