Our client is a leading law firm. It has been based in the City of London for more than 150 years. With offices in London, Leeds & Colchester they provide legal services throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Their clients range from some of the world’s largest multinational corporations to private individuals. They act for a significant number of charities, housing associations and Regulators.
They would describe themselves as “full service” with specialists in Commercial/Corporate, Civil Litigation, Housing, Employment, Real Estate & Projects & Property Development.
We are recruiting an Communications Manager to work with the Business Development Team to oversee all internal and external messaging. The successful candidate will need to be an energetic, driven and focused individual with the ability to quickly establish rapport with internal clients and stakeholders and manage internal and external relationships. They will take pride in their work, enjoy working as part of a team and be proud to be part of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Source content for internal and external publication;
- Draft and finalise press releases and news articles for publication;
- Monitor and maintain the firm’s social media platforms (e.g. Twitter & LinkedIn);
- Develop and maintain the firm’s website;
- Oversee and develop department specific microsites;
- Champion the firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, liaising with charities and exploring initiatives for the firm to take part in;
- Lead the firm’s CSR communications and attend internal CSR meetings;
- Create a full range of internal/external marketing collateral such as briefs, flyers, internal newsletters and brochures;
- Maintain a calendar of legal and industry awards;
- Draft and finalise award submissions and legal directories;
- Format departmental briefings, blogs and bulletins and distribute to clients;
- Monitor and replenish stock of marketing collateral and promotional items;
- Oversee the firm’s client database (Salesforce);
- Create targeted departmental/sector mailing lists;
- Monitor, analyse and report to the firm on readership statistics;
- Liaise with videographer to capture videos for online use and training purposes;
- Assist the wider BD team with Events, Tenders and other ad hoc projects as and when necessary
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and educate stakeholders;
- Previous experience of working within a legal or professional services firm is essential;
- Sound commercial acumen.
- Confident with excellent interpersonal and networking skills to build trust amongst internal and external clients;
- Strong understanding of core business development and marketing programmes;
- Demonstrated project management skills; i.e. ability to work to tight time frames, managing multiple tasks and stakeholder management;
- Track record of developing business development and managing programmes and processes;
- Experience using InDesign, E-Shot (or other email marketing platform) and a client management database (preferably Salesforce) preferred;
- Sound working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly