Head of Marketing & Communications
Head of Marketing & Communications
We are looking for a Head of Marketing and Communications for the London office of this award winning architects practice. They have worked on some truly iconic projects and continue to do so.
The Head of Marketing and Communications is responsible for a team of four and reports into the Managing Partner.
- Work with the London Partners and the senior management team to develop and execute agreed local marketing and communications strategies.
- Line manage the London Communications team, with support from the Managing Partner.
- To be responsible for the quality of written marketing materials in London studio, working alongside London Business Development team.
- Ensure a consistent company brand and profile by reviewing all content destined to be published in all forms from London.
- Work with the Global Marketing team to establish and improve the global communications strategy, procedures and workflow internally and externally.
- Be accountable for reporting all marketing and communications activity to London Partners and rest of global communications team.
- Develop and maintain key contacts with journalists, policy makers and other stakeholders on behalf of the London Office.
- Implement marketing and communications strategy at a local level. Includes regular communication with local partners the wider global marketing team, reporting back progress on key deliverables.
- Advise the team, partners and letterhead on the roll out of all targeted campaigns locally – including media, research and advocacy - while working with others to ensure these benefit new work and business initiatives.
- Act as a key advisor to the practice letterhead with regards to media engagement and other industry advocacy.
- Sign off all daft press all releases, statements, newsletters, social media content and other marketing material and circulate to appropriate members of the media after receiving appropriate internal approval.
- Lead the team in the organization all external exhibitions, events, lectures and other industry outreach. Identify and obtain industry speaking opportunities for practice letterhead alongside business development team.
- Make sure the team keep an up to date record of all media and other associated marketing contacts.
- Advise and assist practice letterhead and other senior members of staff draft presentations, speeches and other external comment opportunities.
- Manage and advise on all London awards submissions working with relevant partners, the team and any other associated parties.
- Establish and maintain contact with key editors, journalists, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Global Communications team’s online content calendar; covering the website, social media, film distribution, newsletters and signatures. Task includes working across London letterhead to identify news and promotion opportunities.
- Take responsibility to report all London activity to Managing Partner, Chairman, and rest of global communications team.
- Be responsible for the commissioning of all photography, other forms of media and other associated archived material for London Office
- A real depth of experience in Marketing and Communications.
- Membership of CIPR, CIM or similar relevant qualification (desirable)
- Proven communication skills, including experience of writing to suit a variety of audiences.
- A thorough understanding of how written, online and broadcast media works as demonstrated by working alongside journalists/the media for a considerable period.
- Proven track record for generating and implementing new ideas.
- Confidence to make decisions in absence of partners.
- Ability to lead a team, as well a proven experience of working with and supporting senior figures across an organisation.
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task.
- Appropriate knowledge of copyright law and procedures.
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (desirable).
- Knowledge of Architecture and Design (desirable)
Apply for Head of Marketing & Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly