Principal Scientist - Sun Care Asia
We are looking for an experienced Principal Scientist to join Edgewell Personal Care – a global FMCG business with a portfolio of over 25 brands (Schick, Banana Boat, Bulldog, Hawaiian Tropic… just to name a few!).
The Principal Scientist role supports sun care business and its growth throughout Asia and Oceania. This role establishes an R&D presence for Edgewell Sun Care in the region. It primarily focuses on establishing partnerships with product development partners throughout the region, developing and executing on a portfolio of projects, and providing on-going technical support as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides expert consulting during the definition and vetting of new product opportunities
- Advises on likelihood of success and key technical project risks with regional marketing and global brand management teams
- Executes on new product development projects in collaboration with cross-functional partners and 3rd Party development partners
- Ensures 3rd parties develop products to Edgewell standards and all raw material, product, and testing data is maintained to a high standard within Edgewell systems
- Performs problem solving jointly with 3rd Party development partners over the course of projects as needed to ensure the best performing products are created
- Articulates regional needs to the broader Edgewell R&D community by ensuring group is well-informed of technical trends and competitive analysis within the region.
- Scouts technology and technology sources of interest for Edgewell throughout the region
PhD or MSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Fluency in both written and spoken English
Experience in sun care product development is strongly preferred, skin care and hair care product development will be considered; liquid and aerosol spray products are a must with additional forms considered a strong asset
Experience in application of SAP PLM is a strong asset
Experience / proficiency in Photobiology, Photochemistry, Emulsion / Colloid Science, Skin Biology, Polymer Chemistry, efficacy measurement / claims support methodologies
Awareness / working knowledge of consumer research and testing methods, especially in vitro and in vivo efficacy testing
Advance knowledge and implementation of product/process/consumer research
Solving complex technical problems and delivering multiple paths for solution
Establish patent landscape and recommend areas of opportunity
Develop technical “white space” opportunities
Ability to frame internal customer needs into actionable studies
Functions as a collaborating team member in a business environment to support area of discipline on cross-function teams
A solution orientated professional with the ability to execute multiple tasks required to meet project objectives. Coordination of projects including the design, execution, analysis and reporting
Skill to maintain an up-to-date, current scientific knowledge base of most recent developments in area assigned
Communicates effectively intra and interdepartmentally to meet project objectives; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
Good documentation practices of any records and data
This is a permanent position based in Guangzhou and we are offering a competitive salary.
If you or someone in your network are interested in this job opportunity, please get in touch by emailing an up to date CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about this great company, please visit www.edgewell.com or WeChat 微信公众号：Edgewell企业招聘
We look forward to having you in our team!!
Apply for Principal Scientist - Sun Care Asia
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly