Marketing & Bids Executive
Marketing and Bids Executive
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Date of JD: June 2019
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To support the Marketing Manager and the business by assisting in the provision of an effective marketing, public relations, bids and business development support service focusing in the Birmingham and London regions and across other offices when required. Lead support to the business on bids, tenders and business development across all regions.
The role will be based in Birmingham with frequent travel to London.
• Create strong relationships with stakeholders in Birmingham and London offices to support and assist with their regional tactical plans and sales strategy.
• Lead and support on bids, pitches and tenders across the firm by filtering relevant opportunities to bid, providing guidance to colleagues, tracking and recording results and feedback and providing updates on these to Marketing Manager and Board.
• Support Business Development Managers in creation of targeted campaigns and provide post campaign analysis for BD activity, along with recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Take initiative to generate PR activity in the regions with support from external PR agency, sharing content produced on social media channels and the website.
• Review the website content to keep it fresh, relevant and innovative.
• Responsible for creation of marketing collateral, blogs, case studies from briefs provided by Marketing Manager and colleagues.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating the intranet on a regular basis with marketing and firmwide news
• Encourage and write internal news stories for the intranet about business wins, events and charity work.
• Work with HR team to agree new starter releases for the intranet and website.
• Supporting the marketing team in managing the firm’s social media activity when necessary.
• Assist the regional teams with their creation of client presentations and pitches.
• Support other members of the Marketing team in planning and organising events.
• Undertake other tasks, commensurate with the nature of the post and as directed, in order to provide appropriate support to the business.
KEY COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• VW colleagues
• Marketing Team
• Marketing suppliers
SKILLS / TRAITS:
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in marketing especially bids and tenders
• Time and priority management (planning and organisation)
• Excellent communicator
• Creative flair
• A team player
• Ability to work under own initiative and unsupervised
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
• Keen eye for detail
• Flexibility, in respect of working hours and location
• Able and willing to travel to other offices, particularly to London on a frequent basis
Proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HTML
- Prezi (preferred)
- Social Media platforms
• 3 - 4 years commercial experience in a performance driven environment
• Fully conversant with up to date thinking on marketing and, bids
• Experience in managing budgets
• Working in a team and service environment
• Degree in Marketing
• CIM Qualification
• CIM membership (or other relevant professional body)