Permanent, part time, 17.5 hours per week
£15,000 to £18,000 pro-rata dependent on experience
Closing date: 24th July 2019
Interview date: 1st August 2019
The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is determined to create the actions that will make changes happen for the future of our planet. To do that, we need to grow the support that comes from our members and our marketing team needs extra help to do that – do you want to play a key part in the continuation of this important work with MCS and join our team as Marketing Assistant?
This is a varied, interesting role. If you’re ready to start your career as a Marketing Assistant, you’ll have plenty of opportunity with us. Members are a vital part of our support network and allow us to grow the understanding that our nation has to do something about the rising tide of plastic and the sustainability of our fish stocks in our seas – your contribution to our marketing information helps that work.
- You’ll need to have good levels of written English in order to create content for our adverts and marketing emails
- You’ll have a good eye for images that attract attention to flyers, banners and the materials we use at events
- You’ll be researching new products for our online shop, making sure that our stock is always available, and helping to process the orders to our customers
- Be well organised – ensuring our events team have everything they need - you’ll be a vital part organising the bookings and getting the materials together
- You’ll help out the rest of the Marketing team with membership and adoption enquiries over the phone or online
If this sounds like just the job for you – here's the nitty gritty:
- Ideally you will have some previous marketing experience
- Good understanding of grammatically correct writing
- Have worked in a customer service role before – this might be over the phone or in person - but committed to being helpful and a strong team-player, both in the Marketing team, and the rest of the organisation
- Highly organised – able to manage your workload and get the right things done at the right time
- Have experience being committed to noticing the small stuff – accurate working with numbers and letters
How to apply:
Select the apply button shown to submit an application for the role of Marketing Assistant.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Marketing Assistant, Communications Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Junior Marketing Executive, Junior Copywriter, Trainee Marketing Executive, Marketing.