Media Relations & Communications Consultant (Senior/Head of)
If you're looking for something high-stakes, high-impact and meaningful, you've arrived at the right vacancy… with this firm, the stakes don't come much higher, or the challenges bigger.
If you'd really enjoy handling strategic and highly sensitive communications on behalf of Governments in crisis, or FTSE 100/Fortune 500 firms who have found themselves in a bit of a pickle and need help getting out of it, or the need to change public opinion - this is the place for you.
Specialising in public strategy, the work you will take on will be incredibly varied. You could be supporting political campaigns and major government communication pieces (think Brexit or major epidemic outbreaks…) Or working on behalf of large corporates dealing with lobbying projects, crisis communications or big impact financial communications.
They're an international operation with a big presence in the US and offices across the Globe. Their UK arm is more fledgling and start-up in nature. But this also gives plenty of scope for variety in this opportunity.
The London office tends to work in a highly collaborative fashion, with everyone from the MD down getting involved right from the strategic agenda, writing proposals and even new business opportunities too. So you will never be lacking support, and will have a really visible presence with key executive leadership.
Being a Media and Communications Expert, your remit here will be a blend of strategy and execution. You will be working across a wide spread of client times; from Government bodies, political parties, high profile public figures and major international corporates.
Your role will involve the creation of a wide variety of communications pieces which will catch interest, sway public opinion or help handle crisis situations - be that through press releases, carefully crated Op-eds and media statements, or organising interviews with key media outlets. The idea here is to successfully achieve the client's objectives - be that to sway or manage public opinion through the use of information and carefully crafted communications. Or help to influence change, particularly when considering projects involving lobbying.
You will really understand how to translate a media strategy into actionable, measurable results to advance the objectives of clients - across both private and public sectors.
Your media connections will cut across all formats and mediums, including print, broadcast, radio and digital. Taking advantage of news cycles for the benefit of clients.
This is a role with gravitas and clout - handling the big, meaningful and challenging issues. One that needs someone who's able to step up to the mark, and can take over confidently in areas where your typical PR & Comms agency might fear to tread. Someone who gets what consulting is, and how it's successfully delivered to big businesses.
Role Title - Media Relations & Communications Consultant
Location - Central London
Salary - £65,000 to £85,000
Benefits: Discretionary bonus & pension
- A background from PR and Media relations from either consulting, public sector, Government or financial sector environments. Or media environment as a political correspondent or aligned to financial markets
- If coming from client side, they want to see evidence of working with FTSE 100/Fortune 500 sized businesses leading comms, PR and public relations
- Experience in political campaign works, as a lobbyist, or in communications coming from political/public office
- Solid media relations background with a good understanding of crisis communications and management
- Comfortable with Consulting environments, and able to successfully orientate in entrepreneurial businesses which don't have a lot of corporate structure around them
- Comfortable with an execution focused role, crafting messaging and communications pieces, leveraging your media contacts and relationships to best effect in delivering the desired result and media coverage
- If you're looking for the upper end of the salary available - have to be comfortable with also taking on a role which will include business development and client value growth as part of the expected mix
- Must be able to live and work in the EEA region with no sponsorship needs.
For further information please contact:
You can review similar vacancies on our website: www.bluepelican.com