Lead Data Scientist (NLP) - Digital Agency
Lead Data Scientist - NLP
** Digital Agency **
- Managing a small growing team of Analysts and Data Scientists
- Impressive range of Blue Chip clients
- Strategic in put into growth of the analytical offering
This is brand-new senior level role sitting within the Insights Function of a leading digital advertising agency, reporting into the Head of Insights.
Your manager hails from an impressive data agency background and has recently been hired in order to lead the way on customer data science.
You will work on a variety of analytical projects for all of the agency's clients, which sit across FMCG, Retail, Automotive, Media and online services.
The plan is to grow the analytics team (and in turn offering) significantly, so you will be joining at an exciting time of growth and change; plus a huge opportunity to diversify your skills across lots of different analytical projects whilst leading the way on data science projects and building data science products.
You need to be skilled in using machine learning techniques such as NLP (natural language processing) and computer vision as well as advanced predictive modelling in order to derive valuable insights from large disparate sources of data. You will work closely with the Head of Insights in order to strategically grow the data science and analytical offering, so a desire to provide input and ideas is key.
You will come from a data science background or potentially an advanced predictive analytics and modelling background, with a keen interest in leveraging your grounding in statistics to help businesses make more informed decisions around marketing and how to influence customers.
Finally, you will manage a grow a team of Analysts and Data Scientists so some experience in either mentoring or formally managing others is required.
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £70k - £80k plus excellent benefits
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject
- Experience using R or Python for statistical analysis and predictive modelling, including using machine learning techniques such as NLP and computer vision
- Exposure to R Server, R Shiny, Tableau
- The ability to turn data into actionable insights which inform customer marketing strategies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage more junior members of staff, growing and nurturing skills
- Proven experience in building and brining analytical products to market
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical ideas to multiple audiences both verbally and in writing
For further information or a copy of the job description please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
DDI: 01892 507129
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelicangroup.com
Blue Pelican Marketing is one of the UK's leading marketing recruitment agencies. We pride ourselves on assisting people in locating new positions within dynamic organizations across the UK & Europe. So if you are looking for a new challenge and a career move which will raise you to the next level, get in touch, it could be the most fruitful communication you make today!