Senior Data Science Consultant - Python
Senior Data Science Consultant - Python
- Rapidly growing Data Science Consultancy
- Unique role with both mentoring and commercial responsibilities
- Impressive rosta of top tier Blue Chip name clients
Whilst this role includes typical data science elements (thinking around how to solve business related issues through advanced modelling and machine learning techniques), it's everything that sits around this which makes this opportunity unique…
This role would suit an experienced Statistical Analyst or Data Scientist looking to diversify their skills. In this unique role you will use your technical expertise in data science to train and grow Junior/Graduate Data Scientists and Statistical Analysts from the ground up.
In addition to this you will also operate as a Project Lead on a variety of clients, overseeing the transition of said juniors onto the accounts.
You will also have the opportunity to learn new coding languages and develop your own technical skills due to the variety of work delivered and agile and flexible nature of the business model. Naturally, as a Data Science Consultant you will be working with cutting edge technology and concepts, so a contextual knowledge of the broader analytics landscape and modern approach to leveraging data for business and marketing decisioning is key.
The company and its USP's
You'll be working for a boutique Data Science Consultancy, one which pioneers in the data science and data engineering space, handling unique, challenging and ground-breaking projects for big brand name clients, and has grown to over 100+ people in the last 2 years.
What makes this unique is how the consultancy is set up; a training ground for innovation and learning. They engage aspiring data scientists and data engineers, put them through intensive training and place them on client site once they've proven competent with the various programming tools such as Python.
After 2 years of service with a specific client, they then have the option to take that person on as a member of their own staff at no charge.
This consultancy's USP is that they're developing the talent of tomorrow and meeting a recognised skills and experience gap in the UK employment market - a space many employers find the hardest to find and engage highly trained talent. It's a 'try before you buy' model saving the client cost to onboard, train and develop, and giving the end client a high-performing and engaged team member.
How this role plays its part
You'll be training and managing those teams of data scientists, overseeing client projects, being the client lead and ensuring what's being delivered meets objectives as well as being the voice of authority and experience in all things 'data engineering' based. You will be the teacher, mentor and trainer of those aspiring to build their careers in Data Science, creating a centre of excellence shaping the minds and careers of many fresh-faced and eager to learn individuals.
LOCATION - Central London
SALARY - £65k - £75k plus excellent benefits
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject
- Advanced programming skills with Python are essential
- Strong coding skills in SQL are also essential
- A background as a Data Scientist or advanced Statistical Analyst Lead
- Experience with data visualisation software; Tableau, Qlikview etc.
- Strong commercial experience of working with data products and projects
- The ability to understand and communicate client requirements and the ability to create clear and practical requirements specifications. This is especially key to briefing and working with Analysts in database development and build
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in training or teaching junior members of staff; inspiring approach and style of working
- Gravitas and the ability to influence at any level within an organisation is imperative
- Ability to deliver presentations in an impactful and engaging manner
For further information or to apply please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com