Communications Officer (2 month Contract) based in Surrey
Your new company
Our Client is a world leading centre of excellence in research and surveillance of virus diseases of farm animals and viruses that spread from animals to humans.
Your new role
The Communications Team is responsible for internal and external communications and public engagement. This role supports the Communications and Engagement Manager in the delivery of the communication and public engagement strategy. It has responsibility for communication and public engagement activities internally and externally including, but not limited to, event organisation, video and audio journalism, creating of supporting marketing materials, website content, intranet and scientific communications support.
What you'll need to succeed
Specific requirements Essential:
- Experience in organising events, exhibitions or similar activities
- Experience of writing and editing high quality copy for a range of external audiences
- Thorough understanding of marketing/promotion of events
- Some experience of presenting or public speaking to a range of different audiences
- Thorough understanding of the principles of using digital communications, including social media, for stakeholder engagement
- Ability to make interesting and accessible reports of complex scientific results and ideas using a variety of media and for a range of audiences
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and influence colleagues at all levels
- A proactive approach to collaboration across various teams and working groups
- A flexible, adaptable, 'can do' approach to tasks
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to undertake regular travel within the South East region and occasional travel to other areas of the UK
- Flexibility to work out of hours for events and in exceptional circumstances
What you'll get in return
- Competitive hourly rate
- Contract and experience with a well known organisation
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.