Venue Events Executive
Venue Events Executive
Birdcage Walk, London
Are you a venue or events professional ready for your next career move? Looking to help the events operations of a beautiful London building as a Venue Events Executive? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
About the Organisation
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, our client has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
Their magnificent Edwardian venue, One Birdcage Walk, overlooks St James's Park and is just moments away from HM Treasury, the Houses of Parliament and Horse Guards Parade. Here, their flexible venue can host events from lectures, conferences, meetings, away days, seminars and training courses to drinks receptions and fine dining events.
They’re now looking for a Venue Events Executive to join them and maximise their venue hire services at One Birdcage Walk. Internally, this role will be titled One Birdcage Walk - Commercial Venue Executive.
- Basic salary of circa £28,000 per annum
- Performance bonus of up to 15% of your salary – paid quarterly
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Annual Learning at Work day plus two paid volunteering days
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with an exciting, versatile venue with a rich history and help support venue and event success at One Birdcage Walk.
Once you join our client’s team, you’ll discover that they’re dedicated to making employees’ working life as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts and will receive a range of perks (as well as the above benefits) to support a healthy work-life balance.
As an accredited Investor in People and a committed equal opportunities employer, our client celebrates diversity and invests in their employees’ continuing professional development. After all, when you’re at your best, so are they.
As a Venue Events Executive, you will oversee, organise and co-ordinate events at One Birdcage Walk.
You’ll be supporting clients to make the most of the venue hire services, ensuring that their experience is second-to-none and our client is their first port of call for event and venue requirements.
Liaising with clients from the first point of contact through to event delivery, you’ll support event planning and communicate the details to the wider venue team to ensure successful event delivery.
Your duties will involve:
- Responding to queries from clients
- Showcasing the venue to potential clients
- Contributing to marketing initiatives to promote the venue
- Acting as a primary point of contact on event days
To join our client as a Venue Events Executive, you’ll need:
- Experience of running events
- Experience of working in a venue arena and within a client-oriented administrative environment
- Experience of using a CRM system and room booking and event software
- A results-driven mindset
- Great communication skills
Other companies may call this role Venue Executive, Event Co-ordinator, Venue Hire Co-ordinator, Events Manager, Special Events Executive, Event Planner, Marketing and Events Executive, Events Officer, or Event Planning Officer.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application.
Our client regrets that they are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from them within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an exciting challenge as a Venue Events Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.