Digital Portfolio Officer, FTC,
3 days left
- Job Role
- Digital Content Executive
Location: London, Birmingham, Newcastle (Other Fund Office locations will be considered)
Hours per week: 37
Contract:Fixed term until 29 March 2020
Interviews will be held on 21 May in London office.
Short-listed candidates will be required to complete a short assessment prior to interview.
The overall purpose of the role is to play an important part in the Digital Fund team delivering on the Fund’s digital strategy. You will be in a team that is responsible for turning the Fund into a digitally savvy funder and implementing our approach to strengthening the digital capability of the Civil Society sector.
We are recruiting a Digital Portfolio Officer to the UK Portfolio team (flexible location sited at one of our offices across UK)
The UK Portfolio tests and grows bold ideas that put people in the lead to address long-term social issues and to improve the quality of life across the UK and internationally.
This is achieved in three ways:
- Bringing people together, supporting communities to be part of and celebrate events of UK-wide significance
- Growing great ideas, supporting the growth or adaptation of great ideas across the UK
- Exploring new approaches, developing and testing ways of building a stronger civil society
You will use your advanced critical thinking skills and expertise (within social design, digital, community, social justice or social innovation) to ensure effective delivery of the portfolio.
You will also be a talent spotter, capable of grasping what’s happening within civil society with the ability to work at pace in order to seize the moment and ensure the Portfolio is responsive to applicants’ needs.
You will lead on assessment of proposals, providing learning and support to grant holders, and manage complex, collaborative grants and often with a high profile.
You will play a key role in internal peer review meetings, driving discussion, debate and challenge.
You will play a key role in building up the confidence and understanding of colleague across the Fund to make good decisions when it comes to digital.
You will help establish the Fund’s role in the wider ecosystem of funders and organisations working to strengthen the social sector through digital.
You will need to travel extensively for this role, supporting staff across the UK and you will spend a lot of time observing the work of our applicants, providing a critical lens to all work that is being proposed.
In your personal statement you will need to demonstrate your experience and qualifications in the following areas:
• Advanced critical analysis skills with strong written and verbal skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of people from different backgrounds
• Passionate about achieving social change born from previous experience of how to support communities to lead change
• Energy and initiative, flexibility in your approach with a ‘can do’ attitude with a willingness to deliver work at pace
• Creative and an ideas generator, able to spot and use local or national trends to suggest potential themes for the portfolio
In addition please provide information that specifically addresses the criteria for this role:
- Knowledge of the social sector and digital/ social technology, as well as policy areas related to technology and civil society
- Up to date knowledge of developments in the technology sector, particularly developments and innovations that could benefit organisations in the social sector and communities across the UK.
- Strong networks in either the digital, social tech or social innovation sectors.
- Experience of designing and leading workshops and engagement processes.
- Ability to work flexibly and use a relational approach, with an ability to work with a variety of external stakeholders.
Willingness to undertake UK travel, to meet with organisations using digital for social aims and other stakeholders.
How to apply
To apply online and further details about our application process, the Fund’s work, and our range of excellent benefits, please visit www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/jobs.
Apply for Digital Portfolio Officer, FTC,
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly