Events Officer - Start Date 6/5/19 - Edinburgh City Centre - 6 week initial contract
Your new company
Public Sector Organisation, Edinburgh City Centre.
Your new role
To support the delivery of a wide range of events for the organisation, including drinks receptions, high-profile speaker's events, weddings, dinners, conferences and business meetings. The Events Assistant will support the Events team to deliver a range of successful events.
- Assist with the planning process of a wide range of events. Support in the planning and organisation of all elements including venues, marketing, IT, support staff and catering to ensure success, fulfilling the expectations of organisers and attendees.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure appropriate communication, including digital communication, to publicise events and ensure effective follow-up and development of events and contacts afterwards.
- Point of contact for events team for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support with the creation of event promotional materials and dealing with internal orders/requests.
- Evening/weekend work required on occasion.
- Use initiative and judgement to identify and resolve issues that arise on an ongoing basis.
- Flexible approach to workload required, ability to organise own workload in the face of varying demands.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in event organisation is essential
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional and able to work under pressure in a busy environment and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in using social media and/or Content Management Systems (CMS) in a professional context
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a contract beginning the 6/5/19 until the End of June initially. You will be part of a rewarding events team who will support you. You will be offered an hourly rate of £10-£12 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.