Mail Order & Online Team Leader
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of our Retail Team at RHS Wisley. With a new multi million pound Wisley Welcome Building, Gift Shop and Plant Centre opening in spring 2019, and a new web platform during 2019 we are looking to recruit a proactive, self-motivated and customer focused Online Team Leader to join our friendly team.
As Mail Order & Online Team Leader you will be responsible for maintaining the content of rhsshop.co.uk, engaging and inspiring our customers through copy & imagery and ensuring accurate stock information. You will also manage an engaged, customer focused team to process, pack and send orders to our customers.
Overview of the role:
- Deliver engaging content ensuring we share our passion for plants, gifts and horticulture with every customer.
- Identify online changes and improvements through reporting tools & analysis to deliver inspirational content, engaging customers and maximising sales.
- Assist with delivering a successful retail email programme.
- Work closely with buyers, replenishment and the shop-floor team to identify new sales opportunities and maximising stock replenishments.
- Lead an engaged, motivated team, through inspirational management with a focus on their individual development.
- Responsibility for recruiting new hires into the team, completing all necessary paperwork and induction planning.
- Conduct performance reviews, holding regular 121's with direct reports ensure performance concerns are addressed as they occur following the RHS policies and procedures.
- Delivering agreed income budgets and standards with strong cross team cooperation's at all times.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of writing and evaluating copy, ideally within a retail environment.
- Have excellent IT skills, preferably with experience of CMS and Adobe Photoshop.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Proven good people management skills
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively.
For more than 210 years the Royal Horticultural Society has been the force behind the nation’s gardening. Our charitable purpose is to inspire passion and excellence in the science, art and practice for horticulture. Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. As a charity, the RHS aims to inspire a wide range of audiences by demonstrating the wonders of gardening through all that we do including gardens and shows, in our publications and online, and through our work in the community.
The RHS provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
- Free access to all RHS Gardens, Shows and Libraries
- 25 days holiday (increasing 28 and 30 with service) and option to buy/sell
- Monthly Garden Magazine and access to Horticultural advice
- Sponsorship for External Studies
It’s never been more exciting time to join the Royal Horticultural Society. We are making a landmark £160 million investment in the future of horticulture over the next 10 years. This will allow us to bring the joy of gardening to millions more people and make some of the most significant and exciting changes in the history. Join us and be part of the history.
Apply via our website by 18th March 2019.