Senior Marketing Analyst
Senior Marketing Analyst
- Brand new role, opportunity to help grow a data function
- One of the UK's largest insurance providers
- HUGE personal development opportunities available
Working for this large national insurance firm, but as part of a smaller business unit, you get the best of both worlds! Security and benefits from a big Blue Chip, with the visibility, influence and opportunity to really see the immediate impact of your work, that a smaller set up might offer.
This role is working directly with the Head of Marketing to help build a data function which will allow for targeted email and direct mail campaigns in order to really build a one to one relationship with end customers. You will be the expert in the room on data and analysis, taking a pro-active approach to the job, adding value with your marketing data analysis knowledge and expertise. You will be advising on what will and won't work from a data management and analysis perspective, offering the best approaches on how to structure and integrate data in order to give a personalised view on the customer, looking at data architecture and of course, providing marketing analysis and insights.
Your line manager has a very credible background in data driven customer marketing, having worked for a number of recognisaible blue chip organizations across banking, utilities and agency side, so is experienced in creating a vision and a plan on how to get there. There is huge opportunity here to really make your mark with this role leveraging both your hands on analytical expertise as well as strategic thinking in how to grow this function.
Technically you will need skills in SQL plus experience using a programming tool such as SAS, R or Python; however, it would then be down to you to agree with Caitlin which tools are most appropriate for the job and steps will be taken to accommodate this.
They have already engaged an analytics contractor who is currently working on building campaign and delivering data expertise, so there is already some work going on and there would be the chance for you to meet this person at second stage to get a deeper technical understanding of the role and environment there.
So if you are excited by the prospect of a truly greenfield opportunity to work alongside an experienced marketing expert then this role could be for you!
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £45k - £60k (depending on experience) plus benefits
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject
- Proven experience of working in a CRM analytics or customer insight role
- Strong programming skills using SQL and EITHER R, Python, SAS or SPSS
- Skilled in marketing analysis, able to evaluate direct marketing campaign performance, delivering actionable insights off the back of this
- Excellent working knowledge of personalisation in marketing techniques, digital targeting and digital print utilisation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and advise on database set up, architecture and management
- Comfortable managing external agencies to support on data provision, reporting and campaign activity
For further information or a copy of the job description please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
DDI: 01892 507129
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelicangroup.com
Blue Pelican Marketing is one of the UK's leading marketing recruitment agencies. We pride ourselves on assisting people in locating new positions within dynamic organizations across the UK & Europe. So if you are looking for a new challenge and a career move which will raise you to the next level, get in touch, it could be the most fruitful communication you make today!