Head of Books - children's & family favourites
- A stand out opportunity for a commercial publishing & retail lead to join a much-loved children’s brand licensor as their Head of Books.
- The slate of activity this company coordinates ranges from maximising the performance of existing books and other products at retail to developing new publishing, merchandise and digital products, and activating major new films, television series, stage shows and partnerships.
- The Head of Books will be a pivotal member of the team, driving the performance of publishing at retail in conjunction with key external trade partners.
- Working with a small friendly team in beautiful central London offices, full of personality and charm.
- The Head of Books will maintain and build the brand in Publishing, in conjunction with key partners, ensuring that publishing aligns with the distinctive voice, values and purpose of the brand.
- You’ll have editorial oversight over all new publishing to ensure quality –copyediting, approvals etc.
- Influencing the visual look and feel, working with Design, Marketing and Creative teams to ensure the look and feel of publishing is high quality and in accordance with brand requirements.
- Managing and updating annual and long term sales and revenue forecasts for publishing. You’ll also drive publishing to achieve targets within these forecasts.
- The successful Head of Books will have proven experience in retail management across Buying, Merchandising and Operations, with profit and loss responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of publishing, and ideally children’s literature.
- Experience of producing accurate and meaningful management information, including reports, strategy documents and operational procedures.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence, inform and manage multiple stakeholders on any given project.
- Strong supplier management and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and appetite for growth.
- A passion for children’s stories & entertainment.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to demonstrate your flair for commercial management, with a prestigious and award winning organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch by sending your CV to Rachel Steele at Blue Forge, through the link below.
More searches like this
- Category Management Publishing - Print jobs in London (Central)
- Digital / Online Marketing Publishing - Print jobs in London (Central)
- Product Marketing Publishing - Print jobs in London (Central)
- Ecommerce Publishing - Print jobs in London (Central)
- Buying & Merchandising Publishing - Print jobs in London (Central)