PR & Communications Manager
We’re shaking up the housing market, by offering a new part own part rent way to move first time buyers closer to own their own home. Over the next 18 months we want to help around 2,000 customers find their dream home and we need some great people to help us make this dream a reality.
This isn't going to be a boring job. Realising the dream of having your own home is one of the most life-changing events people ever experience. At Unmortgage, we understand this, so we’re here to guide them through every step; from finding the right property, to helping them understand the financial commitment that comes with setting up and managing your first home.
Reporting to Jude Kynaston, our Head of Marketing, you will lead on the development and execution of our media relations strategy and external communications activities. We’re so excited about helping first time buyers that we want to make sure that everyone knows about our mission.
From city journalists interviews, to consumer think pieces, to PR stunts to campaigns on social media. Wherever we can tell our unique story we want you to frame and create content and build relationships that will put Unmortgage on the pages, websites and social media channels that influence our audiences.
Fairness is very important to us and drives everything we do. It allows us to balance helping customers with having a commercially healthy business. It also governs how we treat each other and how we want to work together. We’re a new business and you’d be joining at a time when people who enjoy ambiguity and working together to solve problems will thrive.
Come build the future of home ownership with us.
Who you are
- You have a thorough understanding of developing external/corporate communications and social media and techniques across B2B and B2C channels.
- You have built fruitful connections with key media contacts and journalists. You’ll already have a useful ‘black book’.
- You’re a class act when it comes to influencing key stakeholders from the CEO to our technical subject matter experts. You are a polished persuader!
- You enjoy helping others to make sure they make the time for this important part of our marketing and communications strategy. You can work with conflicting priorities to ensure involvement at short notice.
- You’re empathetic but focused on getting the result you need to get the best version of the brand ‘out there’ with the people that matter.
The skills you’ll have
- You’ll understand the media landscape from top to bottom, from side to side.
- You’ll have worked with great agencies and agency people. Being able to brief them, understand how they tick and evaluate them. Using agreed metrics and scorecards is important.
- You’ll have a history of turning strategy and conceptual thinking into clear media communication plans.
- You’ll be a confident and concise presenter and public speaker, with high levels of emotional intelligence and persuasion.
- You’re articulate but with no flannel, we’re a plain speaking brand.
It would be great but by no means essential, if you have experience in event planning, execution and management
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop and deliver a programme of media outreach and stunt activities to drive awareness and attraction for the brand and our propositions, using earned channels.
- Being a natural people person, you’ll develop key contacts with Journalists through regular proactive contact and an understanding of drivers of press coverage.
- You’ll manage a programme of thought leadership activities, communicating with key stakeholders within Unmortgage, in terms of the agreement of plans, the content and ensuring and managing their active participation as appropriate.
- You’ll maintain a bank of current brand stories and case studies, appropriate for a media audience. You’ll also provide content for any and all identified awards and recognition programmes.
- You’ll plan and deliver and/or attend media and journalists events. You’ll be skilled at developing relationships to make sure we’re remembered for all the right things and at the right times.
What we offer you
- Salary of £35 - £45k
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also Free.
- Training budget to help you grow
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Unlimited holidays. Within reason of course.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.