Business Development Manager
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager who can add value with innovative business development ideas.
Royds With King is developing an ambitious brand and business development & marketing capability. Recent launches include a new Private Wealth proposition with a unique legacy management portal, drone law practice and our critically acclaimed client magazine Ahead of the Curve.
Based in our new St Paul’s London office this is an exciting role to develop our London office profile through the creation of propositions to attract new business. The London office covers all areas of law but the primary focus will be on B2B Sectors – Retail/ Leisure / TMT and Finance Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the London office business development & profile plan
- Collaborate with the Business Development team & Marketing Communications team as well as Business Unit Managers and Sector leads to ensure the effective delivery of planned BD Work with fee earners to co-ordinate content and produce new work pitches, case studies and to create business development supporting materials
- Monitor news/ Internet for opportunities to develop within the market
- Ensure London events and sponsorships are aligned to strategy, oversee implementation and ensure follow-up opportunities are captured on CRM
- Attend relevant business development events including breakfast and evening events where required
- Advise and challenge teams on business development best practice activity
Skills & Experience:
- Able to engage with Key stakeholders
- Experience of successful business development in the professional service sector
- Ability to create and plan Business Development campaigns – especially Sector based
- Energy and personal resilience
- Use of CRM – Microsoft dynamics
- Ability to network at events / generate meetings with key contacts
- Very strong social media skills
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.