Assistant Brand Manager
Really is a leading real life TV channel and part of the UKTV family!
We offer viewers an exhilarating, emotional roller coaster of programming including a compelling variety of real life and lifestyle favourites such as One Born Every Minute, DIY SOS and Escape to the Country. We are also the leading paranormal broadcaster with titles such as Paranormal Witness, Most Haunted and Ghost Adventures. We champion astounding documentaries, real life crime stories and lifestyle programming. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager to come and join the Marketing Team and UKTV, in this role you will work specifically with the Really channel.
If you come and join the Marketing Team at UKTV, you will be part of something truly special. Our team includes Marketing, Creative, and Media Planning and we are responsible for advancing UKTV's growth and popularity! In this role, you will be part of an award winning team that devises effective, efficient and innovative marketing strategies for the network and more specifically, the Really channel.
- You will project manage the implementation of multi-channel below-the-line off-air marketing projects. These will include on-air promos, experiential, digital, print and other off-air elements such as competitions and partnerships.
- You will lead multiple projects concurrently from inception to implementation, marketing delivery and evaluation.
- You will immerse yourself in the UKTV and Really brand, you will learn about our consumers and programmes. You will use this understanding to suggest informed marketing activities for the channel.
- You will understand the relative roles of media and marketing mix to address brand challenges
- You will get to learn to interpret consumer research and BARB data to make recommendations in relation to your own projects
- You will learn how to use multiple data sources to monitor consumer, brand and business KPIs
- You will support the Head of Marketing on above-the-line off-air advertising and media projects
- Through your basic understanding of market rates we will show you how to cost and develop basic marketing spend proposals.
- You will be brave and savvy in your approach to make the most of UKTV's marketing budget and resources
- You will complete key administrative tasks within the channel marketing team, including supporting budget management and post-campaign performance tracking / reporting
- You will raise POs, track and report spend for brand and programme marketing campaigns
- You will learn UKTV's approval procedures (financial, legal, regulatory and otherwise) to ensure all budget spend, supplier agreements and payments are processed within company guidelines
- You will anticipate issues and collaborate with the Head of Marketing to identify and find the right solutions
- You will develop the ability to communicate and influence effectively with colleagues and leadership, both internally and externally (e.g. agencies).
- You will build on your skills of creating productive working relationships, developed on trust and confidence to ensure delivery of relevant campaign elements
Knowledge, skills & experience
- We want you to have a genuine passion and interest in UKTV
- You will have a basic understanding of the TV industry (Pay and Free), content, and key competitors
- You will have a thorough understanding of marketing systems and building strong brands
- You will have strong creative judgement for both on and off-air creative and examples to tell us about
- You will have evidence of inventiveness, trust, ownership and passion in previous jobs and/or other walks of life
- You will have experience of working with agencies or immersion across the marketing mix
- You will have experience briefing and leading a range of below the line marketing initiatives and be able to tell us about your experience with the off-air marketing mix (e.g. stunts, outdoor, digital)
- You will have a basic understanding of the relative roles of different media, market rates and costs (media and marketing) to develop simple spend proposals
- You will have experience in project management and examples of taking a project through from inception, implementation, delivery and evaluation
- You will have the ability to successfully influence internally and externally, and contribute ideas to the strategic and holistic brand discussions
- We work in an open environment, you will have the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- You will have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
Due to a high volume of applications we're afraid if you don't hear back from us within 28 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please note we may take this role down due to high volumes of applications.