Marketing & Media Associate
Based in Oxford, you will become a member of the Commercial team reporting to the Commercial Director. An all-encompassing role, you will be responsible for developing and driving a strategic marketing and press plan from concept through to execution.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, multi-national, intellectually stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment. They will enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence the perception and brand of the company. The high growth and expansion of the international footprint of the company will provide the significant potential for personal growth.
In the medium-term this role offers the potential to build and manage our marketing and media team while we are increasingly expanding our geographical focus in Europe and beyond.
- Building a marketing and media plan to drive the execution of successful content-led marketing campaigns in line with company objectives
- Maintaining effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed
- Creating, drafting and publishing a wider range of marketing and media materials, including online & print, website ownership and development
- Mapping up-coming external speaking opportunities for Aurora topic experts and allocating resources and budget effectively
- Developing and maintaining the company’s social media profile, including ownership of press-releases and other media engagements
- Monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of marketing communications and media activities
- Building and managing a network of influential journalists and other multipliers, organising media engagement for our directors and senior management
- Working closely with the Event Manager, you will plan and implement integrated marketing communications campaigns for each event, using all aspects of direct response marketing - direct mail, email, digital/web, PR, advertising social media etc
- Managing and monitoring budgets, providing accurate and detailed forecasts to be fed into the budgeting process
- Develop valuable relationships with media partnerships in order to gain maximum exposure of our events and reports to relevant audiences
- Remain up-to-date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
- First point of contact for all media and marketing related enquiries
- Educated to degree level and CIM qualified, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of planning and implementing successful campaigns for B2B marketing both on strategic and an operational level
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Experience of planning and executing integrated multi-channel campaigns, including events, online campaigns, content marketing, social media
- Energetic and independent but a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
- Good understanding of energy markets
- Previous experience of managing a media and/or marketing budget
- High proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of wordpress or other website creation tools
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems
Aurora Energy Research is a dynamic and fast-growing energy analytics company. We provide optimisation solutions and data-driven analytics on European and global energy markets that helps our clients navigate the global energy transformation.
We were founded in 2013 by a group of University of Oxford academics on the premise that technological progress, and policies tackling climate change, render energy markets increasingly complex, but that this complexity yields to rigorous, sophisticated analysis and modelling.
Aurora is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of over 90 staff with offices in Oxford and Berlin. Demand for our services – spanning subscription research and consultancy – is immense, in the UK and abroad. We currently serve over 200 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, and we expect to grow beyond 150 staff over the next 18 months.
Salary will be competitive. We will review applications as they are received. Please state your earliest possible start date.