About Great Western Railway
Our team of Great Westerners provides a great rail experience every day.
One of Britain's largest train companies, we do everything we can to provide smooth rail journeys for 100 million customers every year. Our services run across the south from Devon and Cornwall to Bristol, South Wales and London.
We can offer you the chance to be part of a major transformation, as we create a 21st century rail service to be proud of. Discover more about our careers and join our train, station, depot and support teams.
About the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Sales and Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior CRM Manager to support delivery of the CRM strategy to drive value and volume.
As a key member of the marketing team you will help drive customer growth through an understanding of their behaviours and needs, whilst driving new customers to the database.
It's an exciting role where you will be responsible for the end to end management and production of CRM communications – with a focus on driving efficient processes, improving customer engagement and return on investment. This will include CRM and campaign development, content, creative, print and production, and post-campaign evaluation.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Write briefs for the CRM agency, to support the CRM strategy
- Obtaining sign off all materials and maintaining the compliance sign off audit trail.
- Preparing the content for CRM campaign, and working with CRM agency, wider Marketing team to develop collateral.
- Working with wider marketing team, internal stakeholders such as Revenue Management, Customer Experience, Operations, Comms, Retail, Legal and Operations – to ensure that all messages are relevant and consistent with the overall communication strategy.
- Managing the print, broadcast and production cycles and brief relevant teams
- Maintain track of all CRM campaign reporting – including supporting the preparation of internal reports with the findings and recommendations.
You'll need to be:
- Strong computer literacy - excel/word/powerpoint.
- Good knowledge of Direct Marketing/CRM is essential
- Understanding of email optimisation
- Email metrics and analytics esp. Google Analytics
- Be passionate and eager to own campaigns competently
- Be a numerate and analytical thinker with a keen interest in Marketing.
- Problem solving, solutions-oriented approach
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail, whilst demonstrating creativity.
- Team player and ability to build a wide range of relationships both internally and externally.
- Highly organised, flexible and proactive. Able to manage a wide variety of projects without daily direction
- Commercially focused, with the ability to address the different communications challenges.
- Used to working to tight deadlines and still delivering quality results • Previous experience of working in a marketing role
- CRM experience (database marketing / CRM / acquisition and retention marketing)
- Experience working collaboratively with agencies
- Delivering projects and processes to the highest standards and to tight timelines, ideally within the travel/retail/leisure sector.
Our fantastic benefits include free GWR travel and a number of First Class weekend upgrades. Plus 10 free tickets to use on other FirstGroup train journeys and 75% off with all other trains companies. After 12 months, you can also enjoy discounted travel throughout Europe. After 6 months your family will get free GWR leisure travel too!
Defined benefit pension scheme
From day one, you’ll automatically be part of the GWR section of the Railways Pension Scheme. This is one of the largest pension schemes in the UK with more than 150 rail companies taking part.
Health cash plan
Our scheme offers peace of mind by providing cash back on dental and optical care, as well as support for health and wellbeing treatments. You can choose from five levels of cover for you and your family.
Interested in joining the team?
Apply for CRM Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly